pics of surgery......surgery mask not covering nose???????

ellen b
on 8/23/04 4:30 am - WI
Now I have seen two different sets of pics about different kinds of surgery in Mexico....I am disturbed by the fact that the surgical masks worn in the pics are not covering the nose.........any comments on this???? I work in the medical field and spend about 3 to 5 hours a week in OR working with the doctors in the USA. Mouth and noses are always covered and God forbid you should walk in without one. Any comments.......
Debra S.
on 8/23/04 5:33 am - Chester, SC
what pictures?
ellen b
on 8/23/04 6:09 am - WI
under Dianna. profile she has a website with pics of surgery. Also I saw a website about another doctor somewhere in Mexico who does Banding. And his pictures on the website for him shows him with his nose out........ Dont get me wrong....I am looking forward to my surgery and have every intention of having it done in Oct......I am just concerned... Ellen ps. Dianna. with a period at the end.
ellen b
on 8/23/04 6:15 am - WI
Pss.....easiest way to find Dianna. is under recent profile updates..........
Debra S.
on 8/23/04 9:11 am - Chester, SC
yes, I see what your speaking of. Although only the one doctor is not full mask. Maybe he just can't stand it on his nose or something hahah! I have spoken to a good many people that have gone to Mexico and everyone I spoke to no one had anything bad to say about the Hospitals. Matter fact, everyone found them to be very clean. I don't think I would let a mask worry me Best of Luck to you Ellen! Btw you have Lap or RNY?
ellen b
on 8/23/04 9:14 am - WI
will have on Oct 15 open RNY with Dr. Aguirre.
A C.
on 8/23/04 10:49 am - Sherman Oaks, CA
Maybe it just slipped down? It looks like everyone else has theirs up...for the record everyone in the operating theater had masks and those little surgical caps...it is the last thing I remember seeing before waking up in recovery...
Sandy N.
on 8/24/04 12:17 am - GA
Ellen, I immediately went and looked at my doctor's pictures the one in his web site, mask on. Maybe I am silly I had surgery and nothing went wrong and everything was very clean, needed to check anyway. You'll be fine, they are good doctors. Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Sandy N.
on 8/30/04 3:17 am - GA
Ellen, I just thought you'd want to check out if you will be in the hospital for recovery. This was very important to me for 2 reasons: 1) I once saw a special report on the cleanliness of hotels in the US or lack of I should say, what they found was disgusting, and this was in 5 star hotels!! I wouldn't want to stay in a hotel after surgery, I noticed that in a lot of places your recovery is in a hotel and not the hospital; 2) I was lucky that nothing went wrong and I had no complications but in case I did have some I wanted to be in the hospital and not a hotel I wanted the medical atention 24 hours. Anyway I hope you are closer to deciding on your surgery. Good luck Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views