I HAVE MY DATE!!Surgery in Brazil!!

Robin J.
on 8/22/04 10:27 am - St. Louis, mo
I am so excited Yesterday was sooooo terrible because DH was angry with me all day. I told him I was having surgery no matter what That I was taking out a loan and that I was going to work to pay it back myself. Of course he is only worried about the money issue! We have tons of debt and are pretty tight and I do understand how much more in debt we will be. I will have to work extra hours to help pay for this. But I told him that this was way too important and I have been fat long enough. I told him that if I sit around and wait, I will just be as fat if not fatter and less healthy! Anyhow, DH is not a happy camper. HOWEVER!!!!!Today has been so great!!! I got an email from Dr. M in curitiba Brazil finally....I am having surgery on October 26th at 1:30 PM. I will leave for Caritiba on the 24th. YIPEEE!!!! I was so excited that I decided I needed to tell my mother (Who is living with us and helping with my children when I work) I was afraid she would POOPOO the whole idea. My aunt was also there, they both were very positive and supportive about the whole idea. I was so relieved and happy. I told my best friend and my 19 year old daughter yesterday and they were also very excited about it for me. My friend actually said "Hay! I wanna go have surgery too" She was very sweet. Next...after I told my mother I decided to call my sister who lives in Georgia. She is my older sister and has always been very protective of me and has always been a great sister. As soon as I told her there was a moments pause on the phone and I thought "oh no!! she is mad!" Then she said in an excited voice.."I am going to have WLS also in November and I was afraid to say anything to you since you are a nurse and might say how stupid the idea was!" I was soooo shocked! I was floored! We both laughed and had a great conversation about WLS etc.... Anyhow, I am soooo happy now. I have a date AND I have my mother, older sister, daughter and my best friend to support me. They were all very excited, especially my sister because now we will both be able to compair notes and talk about surgery. COOL!!!!! I wish my DH was more understanding and supportive. But at this point I don't have any choice but to do this for myself. I deserve to feel better FINALLY!!!! I am so tired of being tired and fat and ugly. I hope everyone else is having a good day. Robin green in St. Louis
Dinka Doo
on 8/24/04 2:46 am - Medford, OR
Robin - congratulations on getting your surgery date. I do hope your DH is able to come around and be supportive of this for you. I suspect he has a lot of fear tied up in this. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views