Ensenada Apartments & Rosella.

Pete B.
on 8/21/04 4:47 pm - Flower Mound, TX
1). Is Rosella out of town? I responded to an email from her twice (8/17-8/18) and have not received a reply (to expensive to keep calling office especially with language barrier w/ office help). 2). Re: apartments. I would assume the apartments come w/ utensils etc. but my sister is interested to find out if they will provide us with: coffee maker, iron / board & a hair dryer. Thanks everyone. (leaving DFW to MEX on Mon. morning)
Eileen D.
on 8/21/04 5:35 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Dear Pete: I just returned from Ensenada 3 days ago and stayed at the apartments. I don't know why Rosella hasn't answered your emails, but the apartments come with coffee maker, microwave, stove, oven, refrigerator, toaster, dish soap, kitchen towels and washcloths, 2 clean bath towels per day, shampoo, and Zest bar soap. I didn't see an ironing board, nor a hair dryer. There is a computer with Internet Explorer so that you can log onto your current internet provider and check your email and write letters. Some people are even smart enough to post on their OH.com profiles from the computer there. Oh, I forgot to mention TV, fans, paper towels, a big bottled water dispenser, and leftovers from previous patient dwellers. If you get a chance, we found it very helpful to bring a collapsable cooler and ask Bambi to stop in San Diego at a grocery store. We bought all of our food at the Albertson's store he took us to and didn't need to food shop in Ensenada at all. That was handy for us to take care of while we had transportation. Be sure to take your own washcloths for your bathroom. They are not provided. I am doing great, 8 days out, staple and g-tube free (YEAH). Rossella and Bambi were so very helpful with any needs, and of course, the doctors and staff were absolutely amazingly good. Best wishes to you. You will be in good hands!
Debra S.
on 8/21/04 11:06 pm - Chester, SC
What is the wish program?
Eileen D.
on 8/21/04 7:29 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Dear Pete: Yes, of course, there are dishes and utensils in the apartments, too. I just updated my profile with a list of stuff I took with me or had hoped I had taken. Maybe it will be useful. God bless you and may you have a complication free surgery and recovery! Eileen D
Robbin
on 8/21/04 11:58 pm - OK
Pete, If you don't mind maybe you could find out if they (DR) do the surgery laprascopicly(sp?) and if they now do the lap bands. Thanks, and hang in there. You will do great. And the first day of the rest of your life and oh how sweet it will be.
pinkpetunias
on 8/22/04 3:55 am - Duvall, WA
Robin, Dr. Aguirre only does open RNY.
pinkpetunias
on 8/22/04 4:01 am - Duvall, WA
Pete, I just heard from Rosella. If you have AOL she cannot respond to you. something to do with AOL. She always responds within one day. I you have Yahoo or another email she will respond to that one. The apartments have everything but no hairdryer. There is an iron but I just ironed on the twin bed. A lot of people say they shop in San diego but there are small stores on every corner in Mexico. There is also a very good fruit stand close to the apartment. Personally, I think the cheese and milk in Mexico is much better but then I am from there. There is also quite a bit of food, coffee and so on left over from those of us that went before you. Good luck. You won't believe how wonderful your experience will be! Try emailing through another email provider.
Debbie L
on 8/22/04 12:06 pm - Western, Pa
There was a hair dryer in the apartment that I stayed in. I also saw an ironing board but no iron. We did take our own wash cloths and towels they don't provide wash cloths. I didn't get a wash cloth in the hospital either I just used one of the baby wipes I took with me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views