Who can tell me where they go for Fills on the East Coast??

Debra S.
on 8/20/04 2:51 pm - Chester, SC
I am from South Carolina and hoping to go in Sept to Mexico, I have been told this :Dr. Roc Bauman in Concord NC I ws told $200 without flour and $450 w/flour ... what is flour?
GrannyLaLa
on 8/22/04 6:53 pm - South,, AR
What surgery are you talking about? Flouroscope (sp?) is an xray of the stomach after surgery to see if there are any problems. In the case of Lapbands, to make sure the band isn't too tight, you drink a fluid other than water that the doctor gives you and it shows up on the xray. It's more expensive but you can see what is going on.
A C.
on 8/23/04 7:33 am - Sherman Oaks, CA
Debra you can go to the Inamed website and use the locater to find docs in your area. You punch in your zip code and they will email you a list.
Debra S.
on 8/23/04 7:40 am - Chester, SC
Inamed website ? Sorry no idea what or where to find the website
A C.
on 8/23/04 8:44 am - Sherman Oaks, CA
Inamed are the manufacturers of the band that is approved in the U.S. Their website is www.lap-band.com and just click on the surgeon locator on the homepage. I intend to return to my mex doc, but I also wanted to have a list of closer docs just in case. My mex doc also has a list of surgeons in my area that he recommends for fills/follow-up if returning to him is not an option. I would suggest trying the Inamed website and also asking your surgeon in Mexico when you have decided who you will go to.
Debra S.
on 8/23/04 9:08 am - Chester, SC
Thank you both for the information. Yes, I think returning back to Mexico will be just as cheap as going to one of these Doctors. I would like to set myself up as a patient as one incase of emergency, but as far as the cost for fills... you can get a plane ticket cheaper then what they charge for fills it seems! And the Doctor I have choosen gives free fills for a year.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views