Malabsorption

NM M.
on 8/15/04 11:57 am - Tijeras, NM
Does anyone know what the general absorption rate is for vitamins and medicines ??
Dinka Doo
on 8/16/04 1:42 am - Medford, OR
Boy - I really don't know for sure. I know when I went to a seminar locally the doctor there said with the proximal (Dr. Aguirre does 125 cm proximal) that it's not so much a malabsorptive procedure as it is that the surgery itself causes us to not absorb a couple of things regardless of proximal or distal. All I know is that with taking 1 chewable multi-vitamin and sublingual b complex (that didn't have thiamin in it!!!) at the start, I ended up deficient in thiamin (which actually wasn't in anything I had), borderline iron, and potassium. Everything else was fine at that first set of tests. I just had my labs done again about a month ago and everything must have been fine because I haven't heard back from them. I know I feel much better. Currently I take 1 Costco version of the Centrum Complete (and yes, it's a horse pill but it has been no problem...oddly enough!), sublingual b complex every other day and calcium chews every day. When I have a bad period I have to take iron also, but there is already iron in the multi I take now, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Hope that helps a little. Dina
pinkpetunias
on 8/16/04 2:29 am - Duvall, WA
That is a hard question. Your doctor should be able to tell you. Right now I take three Flintstone's Complete chewables, B12 drops, B Complex drops and one of those chewable calcium things (Caltrate) a day. My mood has gotten better since I started the Bs. Hope all is well!:0)
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views