HELP!! I'm overwhelmed searching for a surgeon!!

TracyInTx
on 8/10/04 1:46 am - Saginaw, TX
Hi! I'm new to this site and must let you know that I am completely overwhelmed searching for a surgeon. I have emailed Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia, Thailand & Argentina! I am ready to have surgery NOW! I have been dealing with this insurance thing since last October and will be self pay. Therefore, $$$ is an issue. I am willing to do what it takes or go where I have to go to get good care. My PCP will do necessary follow up and pre-op testing. PLEASE, if you have had a good experience let me know. I feel like I am wandering around in a maze. Dazed and confused!! Thanks for your guidance. Tracy
pinkpetunias
on 8/10/04 2:52 am - Duvall, WA
I don't know what kind of surgery you want but I went to Dr. Aguirre (RNY). If you go to his forum you can read tons of profiles etc about him. Dr. Aguirre is the best there is. The experience was wonderful. I have never had easier surgery or easier recovery. The care I received was the best. If I was in your shoes I would go and read all of our profiles. You will be able to make a decision from there.
ellen b
on 8/10/04 9:31 am - WI
Hi, I have a surgery date with Dr Aguirre in Oct and I have to agree with the 1st response......Dr Aguirre seems to be the man of choice. I read and read and researched about him for the last week and I came to the conclusion he knows what he is doing. Go to where his patients are listed and read each one..... you will decide what I did. Ensenada or Bust! Ellen
Debbie L
on 8/10/04 10:23 am - Western, Pa
I just had my surgery on the 6th with Dr. Aguirre and it went very well. He is very good about explaining everything so that you understand what he does open RNY. The hospital staff was also very attentive to your needs checking on you all the time. I didn't go to CardioMed like the others did which is down the street from Dr. A's office. I went to one on the oppisite side of the street on the next corner. I don't remember the name just that it said Pediatrica and Obstetrica on the outside. It is very clean and the operating was better than some I have seen in the states. Good Luck in you Journey. It is well worth the trip down here.
Debbie L
on 8/10/04 10:25 am - Western, Pa
Oops that should have been operating room
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?