Has anyone had Dr. Alejandro Aguirre for their surgeon?

xJoellex
on 8/10/04 12:16 am - Belcourt, ND
Hi everyone ~ I was looking up surgeons South of the Border and found Dr. Aguirres name listed. I already got in contact with Rosella, his assistant. She gave me some information. She even already gave me some available dates that I can have the surgery in late October. At first, I was a little weary about the thought of going to Mexico for surgery. I was recently turned down health insurance because of my weight/height ratio. I was referred to a surgeon here in North Dakota. But I figure $8,500 plus the cost of flight to San Diego, hotel, and other fees is far cheaper than the $30,000 I have to come up with for the surgeon here since I've been denied health coverage. I just wanted to ask any of his patients about their experiences with him. So, if anyone can help me with a little information I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
pinkpetunias
on 8/10/04 2:47 am - Duvall, WA
If you go to Dr. Aguirre's forum you will find hundreds of his patients. You can read all the profiles etc. He is the best. I would reccommend him to anyone! You will be getting lots of answers to this post soon. Dr.Aguirre's patients are very loyal and we love him. He has help change the lives of many. I don't understand why people are so afraid of medical services in Mexico. I think the care is better! Any questions just ask away. Everyone will answer whatever you need to know. also, Rosella, Dr. Agurrie's daughter, will always return your emails and answer all you questions quickly. If you go to the Ensenada Bound website you will find lots of info. Keep asking. If you choose Dr. Aguirre you will not regret it!
xJoellex
on 8/10/04 3:46 am - Belcourt, ND
Hey Canela~ Thanks for responding. I actually read alot of profiles today that went through Dr. Aguirre. I'm still in the process of reading them. LOL. Almost everyone has a long profile. But I enjoyed reading everyone all the way through so far. I already noticed I will have no problem dealing with his office. Rosella e-mailed me as soon as I e-mailed her. Not too many people will do that. I thought that was very nice of her. I also think that I am already happy with choosing Dr. Aguirre. I hope everything turns out. Now, just to find a way to come up with the $8,500. Thanks for the info. I will check out the Ensenada Bound website. ~*Joelle*~
xJoellex
on 8/12/04 1:13 am - Belcourt, ND
I have been looking for the Ensenada Bound Website but can't find it. Anyone know where it's at? LOL. Thanks.
Pete B.
on 8/12/04 3:54 am - Flower Mound, TX
Hi, I beleive OH deleted some recently updated member & Dr profiles due to a virus on their equipment, but check out Dr. A's members forum at: Look at the profiles for : Ryan, Kat or Nickle, Latrisha (& their related WEB sites), They are full of usefull info. Several people on the Texas Board have also used Dr. A (I am scheduled 8/24). Pete
Charlotte H.
on 8/10/04 8:54 am - Taylor, TX
Hi Joelle! As others have said, read Dr. A's patient profiles. I had my surgery pm 2/20/04 and have now lost 90#. I have not had ANY problems. I was never in any real pain (some discomfort, but that was all) and I am SO HAPPY that I did this. I too was self-pay and local doctors wanted $25,000 to even talk to me. I spent less than $10,000 including travel, hotel, etc. with Dr. Aguirre and I am convinced now that the good lord sent me to the OH site to find Dr. A. As I have said many times, "I put my life in his hands and he gave it back to me better!" I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, but I suggest going to his forum site and asking everyone! Charlotte
DW
on 8/10/04 9:38 am - Galveston, TX
Hi Joelle, I say Ditto to all of the other responses. Dr Aguirre is the best and the nurses at the Cardiomed are wonderful. I received better care there then in Houston. We all love Dr Aguirre Good Luck come to our site. Dot
xJoellex
on 8/11/04 12:00 am - Belcourt, ND
Hi Charlotte~ I have already got a few emails from some of his patients. Everyone had nothing but good things to say about him. Yesterday I checked over almost all of the profiles who have him listed as their surgeon. They all had great experiences with him. I told my support group about taking this path instead, and they were all really supportive. One did have a good point and asked what I am going to do if I have complications after I leave Mexico. I'm not going to think like that because I know if I think positive, I will get positive results. And as Rosella told me, you have the option of staying the 8-9 days that Dr. Aguirre suggest. I am going to keep researching more and find a way to come up with the actual $8,500. Any suggestions? Oh btw, thanks to all *****sponded. I really appreciate it.
Debbie L
on 8/11/04 2:15 am - Western, Pa
I am staying the nine days mostly because I wanted to have all the staples and drain removed. I have not had any problems yet. I started eating yesterday and so far have had no problems except burping alot. I actully don't feel like eating but we have to. I also believe a positive attitude is good to have. I came down here I wasn't nervous or scared and I think that helped alot. We got the money by using a home equity loan. It is well worth any kind of loan just to get the money. Good luck!
Maria F.
on 8/14/04 8:14 am - San Diego, CA
Joella, I am researching surgery in mexico too. I haven't decided on what surgery to have yet ( bypass or lap band). I am looking into Dr. Aguiree and Dr. Aceves both of them I found in this website. I will be self paying too.I have been writing to several patients from both doctors and have also found that everyone has nice things to say about them. Such a relief!! I know that Dr. Aceves has financing available, you might want to ckeck him out. I am sooo exicted to finally have had the courage to do this. Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views