New here.....hair loss question

ellen b
on 8/6/04 9:26 am - WI
Planning to have surgery with Dr Aquirre in Oct. I want to know now what I can do to get the most protein???? So I have no hair loss.....What is the best way you have found to get the most protein in edible form....and is there any other form it comes in.....capsules? I know...strange question? Meat of course being the number 1 right? Thanks, Ellen
Dinka Doo
on 8/7/04 1:54 pm - Medford, OR
Ellen - first to answer the protein. I sneak it in with Unjury protein powder, unflavored. I add it to low-carb Carb Countdown milk and had a chai latte. That gives you 32 whopping grams of protein in something that tastes like nothing more but a decadent treat. I use the Stash tea bags in chai double spice and sweeten with Splenda. Second, I read one website one time that explained a lot about hair loss. You might hold onto your seat because really I have not found anyone who was able to prevent it. Either you lose the hair or you don't....most do. What I read on this one site - which I wish I could find again - was that we have a double whammy. We have surgery/anesthesia and rapid weight loss. Our bodies at the time of the surgery go into panic mode thinking we are in grave danger, so unncessary body functions will shut down in order to feed the most vital parts of our body. Hair is the most non-essential body part we have, therefore it goes first. Eventually our bodies realize that the surgery wasn't a major injury and that the weight loss is not harming us, and it will go back to normal. But for now, we just have to tough it out. ::sigh:: I've been losing hair at a decent pace for over 2 months now. I'm eventually going to have to cut it because when I hold it in a ponytail it's about 1/2 to 1/3 of the thickness it was before. Dina
Becca A.
on 8/9/04 2:32 am - South Jordan, UT
I had lap-band surgery on March 5th, for the past month I have been looseing alot of hair. I do think it is the anesthisia and the weight loss. I am in a panic, but you don't go bald(I hope) it will come back (I hope). Good Luck!, Becca
Mary F.
on 8/15/04 2:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi, I have been considering lapband surgery in mexico. Kind of worried though. I have been going to a support group here in Tucson Arizona. They preach double chewable vitiamins, and Biotin to help with hair loss. problems. Hope tis helps. Protein you can get at Costco or Health food stores. or at wlssuccess here on the net. Huggs Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views