Phone card in Ensenada

Eileen D.
on 7/22/04 5:46 am - Wenatchee, WA
I can't find the patient profile for Dr. Aguirre which tells the name of the inexpensive phone card you can purchase to be able to call the U.S. from Ensenada. Anyone recently purchase one? If so, where did you purchase it, and what did it cost? I've only got 3 weeks to figure this all out! Surgery date - August 13th
pinkpetunias
on 7/22/04 6:32 am - Duvall, WA
Eileen, You live in Wenatchee and there are tons of Mexican stores. They all sell phones cards. Make sure you read the back to make sure you can call from Mexico. Personally I would wait and buy one while in Mexico. every store sells them. Also, my cell phone works in Mexico and it was cheaper than anything I found.
Eileen D.
on 7/22/04 12:35 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Thank you, Canela: I didn't know getting a card was that easy. I will buy one when we get there. I've got 2 teenagers, 17 & 19, staying home alone and we want to touch bases with them daily. Would you believe all of our relatives will be out of town when we are gone? No one to make sure the neighborhood is safe! No, really they aren't that bad.
pinkpetunias
on 7/22/04 1:20 pm - Duvall, WA
No problem! Ask anyone (at your hotel) for a phone card and they will tell you wehere to get one. Time is getting short. I wish you and your friend luck. It is unbelievably easy! Yes, it is major surgery but it was just so easy.
Dinka Doo
on 7/22/04 4:53 pm - Medford, OR
Many of the cards sold in the US (most actually) only dial out to Mexico, not into the US from Mexico. Mexico Mundial from MCI is the cheapest one I found, $25 for 100 minutes. You can do a google search and find it there easily. Just search for MCI Mexico Mundial. Dina
Eileen D.
on 7/24/04 3:05 am - Wenatchee, WA
Thank you Dina and Canela: I will try both options and see if I can get one. Trying to get all my ducks in a row for August 13th.
Eileen D.
on 7/24/04 5:22 pm - Wenatchee, WA
I searched the net for a Mexico Mundial phone card and they are not available at this time at MCI or anywhere, but I did find a Voyage Multi-Use Phone Card from 1st-USA.com or Speedypin.com. It was the cheapest I could find and can be used to call the US from anywhere in Mexico. It was $20.00 for 80 minutes (.25 a minute). Actually, I don't know why they call it a "card" because they just email you an access number and pin. Then they call you at your home phone to make sure it wasn't a bogus internet order. So, I am relieved. Whew! We'll probably use most of those minutes trying to keep up with our teens at home. Thank you for all your help. I really had no idea about phone cards. I never have used one before! Thanks again!
Charlotte H.
on 7/25/04 10:03 am - Taylor, TX
Hi Eileen! You can buy a phone card in Mexico from any Pharmacia (and there are at least two on each block!) These cards will work in pay phones on nearly every street corner. You slide the card in and a digital readout tells you how many minutes you have left. It counts down as you talk. As a matter of fact, there's a pay phone that uses these cards right outside Cardiomed - so your husband won't even have to leave you to call family back in the states. When you go to buy it, just tell them at the pharmacy that you need a phone card to call the US. They'll know what you're talking about! I think we spent about $10 for a 30 minute card and they sell them in $5, $10 and $20 increments. (We bought a $10 card with the thought that if we needed another, we could buy it easily. As it was, we left it in our hotel room with about 4 minutes left on it.) Charlotte Now down 87#!!! PS Watch your mail - tomorrow is mailing day!
Eileen D.
on 7/25/04 4:36 pm - Wenatchee, WA
Thank you Charlotte! I will have my hubby buy one at the pharmacy. We can use that one for the pay phone outside of the hospital to call family and then use the phone "card" we bought over the internet, too. Congrats on another 2 lb loss! That's fantastic, and yes, I will be watching my mail!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views