What's with that icky taste in the mouth!!!!!

pinkpetunias
on 7/15/04 11:42 am - Duvall, WA
Okay, Am I the only one that has that constant nasty taste in my mouth. Does anyone else feel like maybe they shouldn't talk to anyone? I found these little mints called smints that really help and are not too surgary. Also, I inadvertently posted my post about Christa on the main meesage board and I keep getting nasty emails form this one woman who took exception to my post about Mexican doctors. Anyway, if anyone would like to send her an email go to the main board and post. Thanks, I can't seem to stop her sending me nasty stuff. I might have to change my email address! By losing you are winning!
C B.
on 7/15/04 11:50 am - Oak Park, IL
Canela, Report this stalker email person. she is stalking you threw email report her. HUGS CHER
j E.
on 7/15/04 9:35 pm - Northern Michigan, MI
Hi Canela, Speaking of bad tastes in the mouth...I heard that it's ok to chew s/f gum right after surgery during that first day when you can't have water.?? But I have never heard any of Dr. Aguirres patients talk about having some gum, they just talk about the thirst. I can't help you w/ your question, since I'm still pre-op (8/17). I'm concerned about your "stalker" I have noticed that the main message board people seem like they have a superior attitude toward those of us who had to pay for our surgery. They almost seem angry. I never post there, but I read it for advice. Is the lady sending you e-mail the one that posted a reply to your orginal post on the board? Maybe we can all send her some mail??? By the way...keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to watching become a big loser!
DiannasaurusRex
on 7/16/04 1:13 am - West, FL
I don't think Dr. Aguirre approves of gum. Accidentally swallowing it aside, he said it stimulated gastric juices or something. I got a very disapproving look from him when he walked into the hospital room and I was happily chewing my sugar free bubblemint orbitz. I bought some glycerin swab sticks for the time that I wouldn't be able to eat or drink and they worked very well to keep my lips and tongue moist. Lip gloss didn't hurt either.
NM M.
on 7/15/04 11:07 pm - Tijeras, NM
Is it that Kristina? Based on her profile, having surgery in the US is no guarantee of no complications....let me know. I will email her. Renie
pinkpetunias
on 7/16/04 2:30 am - Duvall, WA
Dianna thanks for reminding me! All you pre-ops out there take lip gloss/conditioner/chap stick wharever you call it, but take it! I had it and never could reach it. You know those tables on rollers that all hospitals have that are always getting rolled across the other side of the room? You will all have one and every time you want you lip gloss it will be on the table across the room! My mom found a ribbon (why she had that I will never know but my mother always has everything) and tied it around the lip stuff and then I put it around my neck. Nuts! I may be but when you don't have your lip stuff you will know why! Dianna is right about the gastric juices and the swallowing. I remember Dr. Aguirre telling me this when I spoke to him about gum. Remember losing is winning!
litlmidget
on 7/16/04 2:38 am - Calgary, Canada
I feel that taste all the time too. I think it is from the water. I know that sounds weird but really. The desolvable listerene things help but half the time i can't stand those so i just pack along a mini toothbrush and a bit of toothpaste. Then at least i can eat the paste if i can't brush. The smints things sound like a great idea. i'll give them a shot.
Charlotte H.
on 7/16/04 3:51 am - Taylor, TX
As I understand it, the icky taste in your mouth is telling you that your body is in ketosis from eating primarily protein. People who go on Adkins get it too. It's nothing to worry about - just your body processing the protein. I use Mintz brand breath mints and they are sugar free. Charlotte 2/20/04 - Dr. Aguirre now down 81#+ (I'm visiting my youngest son and family in Colorado so don't have a scale but feel lighter today!)
pinkpetunias
on 7/16/04 9:34 am - Duvall, WA
I thought the message board was a little sluggish lately but who would have thought my icky mouth issue would become a "hot" issue! Thanks to everyone *****sponded. We all work so hard to fight the weight issue I think every now and then we need to laugh and sometimes even at ourselves. I just laugh so hard to myself when I think of all the ways I tried to get that darn rolling table with my lip gloss on it over to my bed. You know stick the leg out as far as it will go and try to hook it somehow which in the end is harder on the surgical area than actually getting up!!!!!! Sitting down in a restaurant and being ecstatic that you sat but realizing that you can't scoot your chair up to the table! I just asked the waiter to move the table. I will post more silly stuff later. As always I don't know what I would do without each and every one of you-----losing is winning!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views