I've made a decision, and I have the $.

Kenneth S.
on 7/12/04 6:12 am - Las Vegas, NV
Now, what do I do? I have a lot of questions about how to prodeed with my Mexican bariatric surgery. I do n ot know what the waiting times are like, what the testing proceedure is, what the minimum BMI is with no co-morbidities, etc., etc. I'd like to be directed to a good source of information on this topic. If this appears to be an idiotic question, please forgive me. I have yet to see the message board I am posting this to. I am brand new to this site.
pinkpetunias
on 7/12/04 8:51 am - Duvall, WA
Go to Dr. Aguirre's patient forum and read, read and read some more. Every question you have will be answered. Then if you have more keep posting right here and you will always get answers. Believe me, the Dr. is the best, the clinic is the best. You will treated like a king. Remember keep asking. We will answer!
Raymond B.
on 7/13/04 12:50 am - St. Cloud, FL
Hi Ken: I too, have made the decision to have weight loss surgery in Mexico. I wouldn't mind at all having someone to go through the process with. But, I wonder if we are having the same kind of surgery. I am going to have the DS, not the Roux & Y. The doctors are different, so we may not be able to share much info. I've been going to several support groups, and although the surgery is a bit longer, it will be easier for me to live my life with the DS. (I'm not trying to offend the RNYers, just a personal decision I made). Years ago, I had the old Ileo Jejunal Bypass, had diarrhea every day of my life and finally had to have the surgery reversed. The DS has been enhanced so that now diarrhea is only an occasional issue for most people. I encourage you to research the types of surgery VERY carefully before you make your decision. I was ready to have the RNY done and then just happened to overhear someone mention how happy they were with the DS. I immediately put a halt on my plans and started my research all over. I have talked with several surgeons in the US that do both surgeries and they indicated that they believe the DS will soon be the surgery of choice. I will be more than glad to share any info I have with you. You can E-Mail me directly if you wish or we can run it through this forum. Ray Bechtel
Sandy N.
on 7/13/04 10:47 am - GA
You do have to do the research. You will feel better with your decision at the end. If you have already decided on the surgery you are going to have most of the doctor's web sites have infomation on the surgery. I myself had the lap band with Dr.Aceves in Mexico. I am very happy and would do it again in a second and would chose him all over again! He aslo does the RNY so you might want to check him out. The coordinator they have helped me a lot with the questions I had. I recommend you call them up and ask EVERY question you can think of. Sandy lap band-Dr.Aceves
litlmidget
on 7/15/04 6:09 am - Calgary, Canada
You can also look into Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey. If you are thinking about the band at all he is great cause he is a bandster himself! His website is Belighter.com. They all speak awesome english too so calling them is not a problem. Good luck with whatever you choose! Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views