Hotels in Ensenada...

Ann S.
on 7/5/04 5:16 am - Kissimmee, FL
Can someone give me some advice about a good hotel in Ensenada... I am up for seeing Dr. Aguirre in late September and their apartment is not available then, so i am having to search for a good hotel, I am looking for somewhere peacefull and relaxing. Not smelly or too noisy. with a fridge. I have narrowed my search to this 3 hotels, any experiences??? -Hotel Marina Coral. -Hotel Posada El Rey Sol. -Quintas papagayo resort. Thank you for all your help!!! Thanks for Having this wonderfull site I found this Great Dr. that i can afford. You all have save my life. I am highly greatfull!!!
Charlotte H.
on 7/5/04 9:36 am - Taylor, TX
Hi Ann! I had my surgery on 2/20/04 and my mother and I stayed at the Posada El Ray Sol. It was $65.00 per night, if I remember correctly. It is a little less than a mile from the clinic I believe (taxi ride is $5.00 with Carlos). It is a half block off the main shopping street so it is quiet, and about 3 blocks from the harbor. The staff was very accommodating when we were there (bringing extra pillows, etc. after surgery.) Because it was so easy to go walking from there, we were out walking in downtown Ensenada the afternoon that I was released from the hospital. I don't know if they have small refrigerators available, but you could certainly ask. One thing that I thought was great about the Posada is that they have an 800 number accessible from the US, so family can call you using the 800 number. That sure saved us some money since my dad called my mom every night. There are also many restaurants very close with good food and they are very accomodating too. I had chicken with rice soup - hold the chicken and hold the rice because they didn't have any plain broth - at one! Hope this helps! Charlotte
donna P.
on 7/5/04 9:54 am - summerville, sc
ann, i too stayed at the posada el rey sol, i called them direct and got $50.00 a nite, they even rode with us to show us the best way to get to dr. a and the hospital( we had a rent-a-car), i talked to isreal and santeago, they also have internet access for $5.00 a day, i was very pleased, it was clean, quite and very close to everything, hope this helpsl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! donna
Rachellao
on 7/5/04 10:30 am
Hi Ann, I had my surgery on April 28th and my husband and I stayed at Hotel Coral and Marina. It was very nice. Our room was huge and it had a refrigerator. We had a balcony overlooking the pools and it was nice to sit outside in the fresh air. The hotel was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. The only bad thing....I wanted to swim so badly because the two pools there are gorgeous and our room overlooked them both!
pinkpetunias
on 7/5/04 1:47 pm - Duvall, WA
I have only been home for four days and we stayed first in the apartment for five days and then the Hotel Coral and Marina. It is expensive ($135.00 a night) but has a refrigerator and is a large room. It is very quiet and the view is nice. It is not close to downtown so you have to take a taxi if you want to go there. The restaurant is very pricey ($2.75 for ice tea!) but the comfort and quiet outweigh the negatives. I have said this before and I am going to again. I think that a person needs to go for surgery and their health. the vacation and sightseeing can be done at another time. Besides, Ensenada is not very nice and it certainly does not represent my beautiful Mexico!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views