Doctor for fills in Canada

Sandy N.
on 7/4/04 6:58 pm - GA
I am going to acompany my friend from Canada to Mexico to have the lap band surgery next month. We are trying to find a doctor for her fills in Canada. Does anyone know any doctor that might help? Thanks, Sandy Dr.Aceves- lap band
inkchick
on 7/5/04 2:56 am - Saskatoon, Canada
The docs in canada who do the band are Dr Brad Amson in Victoria, BC, Dr Leung in Surrey, BC and there may be more in the eastern part of canada. I do not know if they do fills on other docs' bands though. Doesn't hurt to check. Heather post lap rny jan 27,2004 253/174/140
Sandy N.
on 7/5/04 11:05 am - GA
Thank you, We'll try that. Sandy Dr.Aceves-lap band
Cindy L.
on 7/8/04 11:35 pm - Calgary, Canada
HI Sandy, I am going to mexico from Canada to have lap band surgery with Dr. Alberto Aceves at the end of July. I have been seeking the same info. Where is your friend in Canada? I am in Calgary Alberta,..one of the things that I am trying to figure out right now, is if a plastic surgeon locally can help,...he has helped me in the past. One of the procedures they do is,..anyone who has had breats implants,...they are filled with saline,..and at anytime, you can go and get more saline pumped in for more fullness,..I am running with that info thinking isn't it the same thing?..basically,..except we already will have the access port available and there is a lot less filling to do then someones implants,..right? I'll let you know what my findings are.
litlmidget
on 7/10/04 3:19 am - Calgary, Canada
I am also in Calgary! I went to Monterrey for my surgery and have had a few problems getting fills here. AND DON'T HAVE YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON DO IT!!!! They don't have the right needle and it's not about just pushing saline! Ok sorry - my problem is that #1 They need a referral and since i am American with US benefits i went to a US doctor who sent me to Mexico (got all that?) I am sure that if you get a referral and have Canadian health care you could get them to do it. #2 they wouldn't do my fills cause i was not a patient of theirs in the first place. I think it is mostly that i am an American that they didn't want to do it. Just because of the insurance thing. They also do fills in Toronto but i would have to look back in my files to get the clinic name and number. As for the plastic surgeon thing.... don't even consider having anyone but lap band docs do your fill! If they are not experienced they can poke holes in your port and end up making the whole thing useless. It'll will leak. There is a special needle and procedure to them. also you could get over filled and be sent home and develope some serious problems. on the other side of that you could get under filled and not have the band work with you. Give the BC docs a call. (With west Jet you can get extremely low fares!) It is a great thing you are doing for your friend! Be sure to take a small pillow with you cause the flight back really sucks! and get anti nausea meds before you leave mexico. also make sure to bring something on the plane with you that she can eat o the way back cause not all airports are "band friendly" and you might not have time to stop if you find something good. If you need anything else let me know! Good Luck. Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views