Lap Band in Baja?

Ella Nchanted
on 6/30/04 1:55 pm - LA
Im talking to a surgical group just outside of san diego,in mexico. the hospital is hospital bajanor,im trying to get some feedback on that hospital,anyone had lap band in baja ?
ruben M.
on 7/1/04 3:43 am - san diego, ca
Suella, I had surgeryin Baja but not with that group or in Tijuana. The people here at obesityhelp recommended that I get in touch with Dr.Aceves in Mexicali. I can tell you that I am truely grateful and have been very very happy since my surgery a year ago. 2 of my friends have gone with Dr.Aceves too and their experience has been great too! I can really recommend him and his staff and the private hospital they do the surgery at is excellent, they have emergency room, blood bank, x ray room, etc. a complete hospital. Recovery time is IN the hospital too and not in a hotel. I found this to be very important to me, no matter how fancy the hotel is it is not a hospital and nurses are not around 24 hours a day. If you wish to contact them you can find his info here in the suergeon list. good luck Rub
Cindy L.
on 7/8/04 11:45 pm - Calgary, Canada
HI Rub, I noticed your post about your surgery with Dr. Aceves,..I am sheduled to have lap band with him at the end of the month...I am so pleased that you and your friends had a good experience with him. This is so important to know,..going into a foreign country can be scarey and I was thrilled and at peace to read your words. I wonder if I might pick your brains a bit...? I was wondering about how they prep the bowel,..a girlfriend of mine had lap rny, and she had enema day...we don't have to do that do we? The other thing I am trying to figure out is,..what sort of diet comes later,...have you found any good resource pages on the net that you can direct me to,..for later on,...what foods we introduce when and how much? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Cindy
litlmidget
on 7/10/04 3:41 am - Calgary, Canada
Try looking at www.belighter.com They have a list of Mexican doctors including mine! I went to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey. He has the band himself and has placed a TON of them! He works with a lot of docs in and clinics in the US so you can schedule, pay, and do post op adjustmens and appointments in the states instead of going back to Mexico. If you need anything let me know! Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views