HOTELS IN ENSANADA .....

C B.
on 6/30/04 11:12 am - Oak Park, IL
I need to make up my mind this week if im going to stay in the APARTMENT the entire time or half in the apartment and Half in a Nice Hotel. Any info would be appriciated! Have a great night CHER
DiannasaurusRex
on 6/30/04 11:57 am - West, FL
will you be moving before the surgery? I'd hate to hassle with checking out and switching accomodations just after surgery. Much easier to be unpacked and settled before going to the hospital.
C B.
on 6/30/04 1:57 pm - Oak Park, IL
Thats what im trying to decide. I think its just better to stay the whole time in the Apartment. c
dakins
on 6/30/04 1:25 pm - Statesboro, GA
I stayed at the hotel coral. I got a jr. suite so had alot of room to walk so I did not have to go out if you do not want too. The beds were hard like at the other hotels. I do not know if the apartment beds are hard or not. They have a ref. in the room and coffee maker. If you are going by yourself I would stay in the apartment. Hope this helps.
Amy S.
on 7/1/04 2:23 am - Salem, OR
Hi Cher, I was just discussing this with my step-mom who is going with me. We will be staying in the apartment for 7 days. Then on to a hotel for the last 2 that we are there.
C B.
on 7/1/04 9:53 am - Oak Park, IL
Amy, Thats something like I was thinking. Let me know how it goes. I will book the Apartment for 7 days and then book a hote for the following days. I was thinking the hotel by the name CORAL or something like that. Well thank you for your input. Have a great night. CHER
pinkpetunias
on 7/1/04 2:42 pm - Duvall, WA
Hi, I just literally walked into my home after returning from surgery. In my opinion the apartment is the ONLY way to go. I wished I had of stayed there the whole time. Mom and I stayed there the first five nights and then we went to the Hotel coral. I looked at the Days Inn, Mision Isabella, San Nicholas, and they are horrible!!!! Remember I am from Mexico so I am in no way surprised by anything there but ensenada has the raunchiest hotels!!!! The Coral is great but they offer nothing for us to eat that soon after surgery. The very best thing is to stay in the apartment and buy the food you can eat and then make it yourself. The apartments, there are two, are within walking distance to Cardiomed and Dr. Aguirre's office. My mom (age 85) walked it twice a day. Also, there is a little store about two blocks away and a pharmacy. There is TV in English and a computer. The beds are great and the kitchen has everything you need. Ihad a nurse come one morning just to help me out and give my poor mom a rest. Some have said the apartments are noisy. I found the hotels much noisier. I suppose if you are going to Mexico for the first time then you may want to be in town close to the shops but in my opinion it is best to be comfortable and feel "homey."
C B.
on 7/2/04 1:59 am - Oak Park, IL
Canela, Im so glad that you are home and doing well!! I thank You for helping me make up my mind. I will tell ROSELLA that I will stay the entire time in the APARTMENT. Your the bes CANELA. I WISH YOU A MOST PEACEFUL AND BLESSED DAY. You take care HUN. CHER
pinkpetunias
on 7/2/04 2:46 pm - Duvall, WA
Thanks. Glad I helped. I just think that you are going for surgery not sightseeing. You need to concentrate on taking care of yourself, changing your bandages, walking and eating right. I saw two people in the hospital that were not well. I believe it was because they were leaving the hospital and going to a hotel and they were not concentrating on what they needed to do to recover. I'm sure you know the right mindset is of utmost importance. There are other times for Mexican vacations, the beach and buying Mexican junk. if you want to do any sightseeing after surgery have Bambi take you. He stays with you and makes sure you are safe. Maggie did that the day before her surgery. I can tell you that I dumped so bad my third day out of the hospital. I was so glad I was not out and about! It comes on fast and furious. By the way Dr. Aguirre says liquied Tylenol is okay for headaches. I threw my guts up!!!!! Just use your supradol.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views