costs for ds surgery?

janet C.
on 6/29/04 10:13 pm - marion, OH
Does anyone know how much it cost to have the ds surgery? Does anyone know where you have it done?
Vicki C.
on 6/30/04 12:08 pm - Point Pleasant, WV
Hi, Janet! I have done some research into 3 doctors who perform the DS out of the country: Dr. Baltasar in Spain, Dr. Marchesini in Brazil, and Dr. Ungson in Mexico. When I researched costs (May 2004) they were: Dr. B in Spain charges $12,600 as his fee & hospital with verification of an additional $3,500 to be available if needed; Dr. M in Brazil charges $3,800, hospital charges $4,500 for a total of $8,300; Dr. U in Mexico charges $10,500 and that includes the hospital and his fee. You need to stay 2 weeks in Spain or Brazil and 7 days in Mexico. I compared every detail I could imagine, i.e. airfare, meals, hotels, tipping, taxis, etc. and came up with the best deal financially as Dr. M. I then investigated all the doctors' credentials and found all three to be comparable with Dr. B & Dr. M having more experience. I contacted each doctor and received much info on their techniques, success rates, number of complications, etc. Again, Dr. M came up on top. That cinched the deal for me.....I chose Dr. M in Brazil. Hope this helps you, Janet. I wish you good luck in your decision! Vicki in WV DS scheduled 8/24/04 Dr. Marchesini Brazil
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views