bariatrics surgery outside of the U.S.A.

janet C.
on 6/29/04 11:06 am - marion, OH
Does anyone have any information on this? I have seen a web-site on this, but was wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of it?
DiannasaurusRex
on 6/29/04 12:50 pm - West, FL
You're in the right place to learn a lot about a few doctors - most heavily represented here is Dr. Aguirre. Dr. Aguirre's patient forum is active and informative, I recommend you read every one of his patient profiles. Ask lots of questions. There's an "Ensenada Bound" profile that has lots of information on it, as well as Rosella Aguirre's profile... Lots of very informative patient profiles. God luck! I was determined to find something wrong with having surgery in Mexico back in April. But I couldn't. My surgery was May 13th and I don't have a single regret.
ruben M.
on 7/1/04 3:56 am - san diego, ca
Janet, I had baratric surgery in Mexico a year ago. I had the lap band surgery in mexicali with Dr. Aceves and am really happy about it. He also does the lap RNY but I can't tell you anything about that surgery. I recommend you email patients of th e doctor you are interested in and find out first hand what their experience was. For myself I can tell you I am very grateful with Dr. Aceves and my results have been great, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Good Luck, Rub
Marianne G.
on 10/2/04 9:45 pm - New York, NY
Dear Janet, I had RNY surgery on September 2 with Dr. Valencia and Dr. Silva in Bogota Columbia. It was a wonderful hospital and personal experience. Everything went fine. They have a web site at www.affordablebariatrics.com. Check it out. It is a full package deal and the surgeons were great. See my profile. Keep me posted if you have any questions. Marianne Gelber
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views