8/17 surgery w/ Dr.A

j E.
on 6/28/04 10:50 pm - Northern Michigan, MI
I need some pre-op advice, in 50 days I'll be in Mexico w/ Dr.A I would like to start taking some pre-op vitamins, and also stock my cupboards with post-op food and vitamins, does anyone have any advice? And, does anyone plan to be in Mexico from 8/17-8/21? I'm staying at the Hotel Coral with my mom, but I'd like to get together with anyone who wants to. (so far I plan to meet Eillen, and her friend )
C B.
on 6/30/04 6:19 am - Oak Park, IL
Hay JE, It looks like your getting excited to!!! Well inregards to the Vitamins I have been taking Prenatal Vitamins for about 5 Months just to get them in my system. A Dr. here in Illinois that I had seen before Insurance Problems suggested that I start taking them. After sugery I plan on taking a liquid vitanin. J E Good luck on your journy. Keep me posted or email me for any support OK GOD SPEED CHER
DiannasaurusRex
on 6/30/04 10:16 am - West, FL
I want to caution you against buying too much in advance. The grocery stores won't be running out between now and then My friend stocked up quite a bit, but grew tired of the things she had in bulk, and found that she didn't tolerate some of the things well. Now's a GREAT time to order sample packs of protein powders from the two most popular vitamin sites (bariatriceating and vitalady). Don't try them yet because *everything* changes after surgery. I wish I'd had lots of samples to try early on, instead of suffering through big tubs of powder that I'm not crazy about. At 7 weeks out I'm still not thrilled with the powders I've tried so far. My nutritionist warned against the pre-mix shakes we can buy in the store. (she's the only dietitian member of the bariatric association thingie - the folks who just had the big convention in San Diego a few weeks ago) I still use them for meal replacement when I'm not going to be able to eat, but try to use one of the powders every day. Calcium Citrate is important. I have a bottle of powder from the local vitamin store. I use a centrum adult chewable vitamin. Vitamin B12 - sublingual pills are supposed to help. I still feel floppity, but at least I know i'm doing all I can. Dr. Aguirre recommends vitamin C daily. Relax, read the boards to learn as much as you can, there's nothing you'll need that you can't get in Mexico or once you get back. Bring an MP3 player or portable cd player for the hospital. Take some nice Before pictures, measure yourself.
pinkpetunias
on 7/1/04 2:46 pm - Duvall, WA
I agree. I have been home exactly one hour and even things I thought sounded good in Mexico I threw out the first time I tried them. Everyone is different but I would not stock up. Also, the hospital now has air conditioning in the rooms and a TV/VCR and TV in English.
j E.
on 7/1/04 10:20 pm - Northern Michigan, MI
Thanks Ladies ! I will hold off for a little while, I'm just so excited, and I'm trying to do something other than EAT !! Take Care. Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views