travelers checks?

peggy C.
on 6/14/04 9:25 am - moses lake, wa
My husband thinks we should take travelers checks down with us and I think we should just go ahead and take cash. I know we have to take casheer checks to cover doctor and hospital. I also figured we would be paying bambi in cash so I figured it would be easier to have it all in cash.........what has everyone else done..............Peggy
pinkpetunias
on 6/14/04 10:06 am - Duvall, WA
I travel alot in Mexico. Actually I live there when school gets out and it is home to me. I never take travelers checks because you have to go in the bank to cash them (many stores and the vendors don't take them) and the banks have real funny hours. Like, almost not at all! Anyway, there are cash machines everywhere and I just use my debit card and take out money when I need it. Just like here. Beware, do not change money in the US or right on the border!!!! The exchange rate will be terrible.
dakins
on 6/20/04 5:08 am - Statesboro, GA
I took cash only. I paid Bamby in hundred dollar bills and brought twenties and you will need fives and ones. I brought hundred in fives and twenty in ones. Fives and ones are for taxi rides. Bamby is worth alot. He will give you his home number and will help you in anyway you need it. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views