Question for Dr.Aguirre patients in NY...

Rolando B.
on 6/14/04 5:28 am - NY
Did you find it hard to find a doctor that would help with the aftercare? I'm thinking about going to Mexico to see Dr.Aguirre, and have several dates penciled in. I will be there long enough to have Dr.Aguirre remove the drain and staples...I'm just concerned about following up with a doctor. Seems like most will not want to see you if you have had surgery out of the country. So, if anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it. I'm on Long Island, New York. Thanks in advance for your help!
JuliaV
on 6/14/04 6:05 am
Hi Rolando, After I was denied by my insurance I talked my doctor (PCP) that I was considering going to Mexico for the surgery and I asked her if she would still take care of me when I come back she said yes. I would suggest that you talk to your doctor and let him about your plan and ask him if he will take care of you after you come back. And if he says NO start looking for another doctor. Good luck to you in you journey Julia
doglover
on 6/14/04 7:31 am - Glendale, Az
Hi Rolando! I had surgery on 10/14/03 with Dr. A. While my PCP refused to remove staples/tubes for me, he did agree to handle any aftercare (ie bloodwork) that was needed. I have used this website to obtain lists of the bloodwork that is recommended. I guess what has happened is, he orders what I think I need to keep a handle on this. I have had to become more proactive in myown aftercare than I would have been, if I had this surgery done by a physician here. Dr A is always just a mouse click or phone call away if you run into a problem or have a question that needs to be handled. Hope this helps. LeeAnn 300/196/150
Karen S.
on 6/14/04 8:54 am - Spencerville, Oh
Hi there, try telling them Baja California instead of Mexico as it is still in the USA. Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views