Has anyone has WLS in Costa Rica

Raymond B.
on 6/7/04 6:19 am - St. Cloud, FL
I'm doing research to determine the best place to have gastric bypass surgery. Has anyone had surgery in Costa Rica-? RayB
pinkpetunias
on 6/7/04 11:50 am - Duvall, WA
Hi, I am having surgery in Mexico but I lived in Costa Rica in 1975. I taught at a private school that had mostly kids of missionaries working in the jungle and embassy kids. I also translated for Birds Eye. They were experimenting with growing soy beans, green beans and corn in the jungle.It was wonderful. The country was very beautiful, peaceful (not like Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador). The police did not even carry guns which was so refreshing after seeing police and soldiers everywhere else with maching guns. There is a big community (Cariari Country Club) full of retired Americans. If these retirees (pensionados) do some volunteer work for the government they pay no taxes to live there. Granted this was almost twenty years ago but I am still in contact with my friends who live there. I speak Spanish but there was always someone around who spoke English.
gobelkys
on 6/8/04 3:51 am - MIAMI, FL
Hi, I did look into having surgery in Costa Rica, I have a cousin who lives there and is married to a doctor. They live in San Jose, Costa Rica. She was doing some research for me. There are only 2 doctors and one is no longer doing it. What I did find out was, its that they only do the lap-band, not the RNY, and I want the RNY. I then started doing my research in Mexico, and I have decided to go with Dr Aguirre, who in this forum I found alot of good recomendations from his patient who have already gone thru this surgery. I wish you the best luck, in finding the right place and the right surgeon. Belkys
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views