I'm back!!!!

Amber B.
on 6/6/04 5:11 am - southern, MO
Well I am back from Mexico and I had surgery on the 27th. I have lost around 13 pounds and I am feeling better. I liked Dr. Ortiz and all the other doctors, but didn't go to the hospital I thought I was going to be in. I have had a bad week! We got home 1 am on Tuesday morning. My sister brought my kids home around 9 am. My daughter looked sick. I took her temp. and it was 105.6!!! We rushed her to the nearest hospital(over an hour away!) and they admitted her. She was born with a kidney reflux and she had a severe kidney infection. Thursday I got real sick so I called the doctor and they told me to go to the ER. I walked to the ER and started hurting and swelling. The doctor thought I was bleeding eternally and did a bunch of tests. Come to find out I was severely dehydrated and have over done it taking care of my daughter. I had to have IV fluids and morphine. The cat scan they did showed some other health problems. My heart looked enlarged and there is a growth on my ovary. Ten years ago they took out my other ovary which had just turned cancerous. Now I am scared and I feel guilty. I have doctor appt. this week and I know I am facing surgery. I wish I hadn't spent all our savings on the band and I took out a loan for it. My husband said they wouldn't of found the growth if I hadn't go sick from the band, so I should be happy that God helped us out again. My daughter got to get out of the hospital Friday. She may be facing surgery on her left kidney. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I am sticking to the liquid diet. I know if I didn't have the band, I would be eating these worries away. Thank you all for your support! Amber
Tamara B.
on 6/6/04 2:01 pm - Vancuver BC, WA
I'm sorry to hear of the health troubles but you have gone through this and will do it a again if needs be. i'll be praying for you and your family. take care and congrats on your loss so far. Tamara
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views