Getting Mean!

pinkpetunias
on 6/2/04 11:22 am - Duvall, WA
It seems the closer I get the meaner I get! What is wrong with me? Of course, it is the last ten days of school and the students are making us teachers pay for the way we tortured them all year. Little do they know I plan to torture most of them next year also. I just feel short and snappy and mean. Is this a common side effect of appointmentsoonitis? I see may name on "surgery dates this month" and I feel even meaner. Can anyone out there relate or has my meaness seeped into the cyber field and you say, "nope, I am not touching this post with a ten foot pole." Seriously, I feel quite edgy! The female, 13 year- old student I have that said that I am plump and jolly, she also said I am beautiful, wouldn't let go of me today because she said she loves hugging me because I have blubber. Do we equate huggableness with size? I mean am I truly huggable because that is my nature or because I have blubber?
beckyvee
on 6/2/04 7:28 pm - Cedar Park, TX
I definitely was on edge right before my surgery. I even got into a few flaming wars on the OH board! Hang in there! Your time is almost here and soon you will be on the road to happier and thinner times!
DiannasaurusRex
on 6/2/04 8:48 pm - West, FL
yup, I was insufferable. There's no manual on having radical surgery thousands of miles away from home Truly huggable is a state of mind, not a reflection of girth.
Megan *.
on 6/3/04 1:23 pm - CA
I think "feeling mean" is just your bodies way of dealing with stress. You'll be fine. Hang in there. On the day I left for Mexico my mom said I wouldn't be huggable anymore because I was going to lose weight. That was a sad thought.
Dinka Doo
on 6/5/04 6:02 pm - Medford, OR
Canela - As everyone has already said, I also think it's normal. I think it's just bound to happen that emotions will rule the course for awhile. You have a lot to deal with in your head when you gear up for this, so I think it's only natural to be edgy. Don't sweat it too much - I think you'll find things get better after you get home and are able to realize that it's all going to be okay! Dina
pinkpetunias
on 6/6/04 5:50 am - Duvall, WA
Dina, I just love you!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?