Dr. Ortiz/Lap-Band this Fri! :help"

C. B.
on 5/31/04 9:27 am - Lisle, IL
I'm scheduled to have the procedure done June 5th. If any of you have had this procedure done by Dr. Ortiz, has everything gone smoothly? General Anesthesia, little or no weight-gain after a yr? THANKS SO MUCH for ANY reply...just wondering what to expect!
C B.
on 6/1/04 12:34 pm - Oak Park, IL
C.Brown, Hello, I have not had WLS yet. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck and Good Health. I have a question for you,If you dont mind What is the cost of the LAP in Mexico. I am leaning twards Open RNY in Mexico the cost is around $8.500 surgery only Air fair and hotel Lets say around $10.000. I wish you a most peaceful and blessed day today and always. CHER
Kristina M.
on 6/1/04 3:34 pm - Gurnee, IL
C. Brown: I am scheduled to have the surgery June 11th in Mexico but with Dr. Sanchez. I have not heard of negative things in regards to any of the doctors so I think everything should go smoothly. From what I understand, the beauty of the lap band is that if you feel you are gaining weight, you can always have a fill and increase your restriction. I do have a question for you thought: Where do you plan on getting your fills done? Do you have a doctor lined up? I would really like to know since I am from the same area. Thanks and I send my blessings to you for a quick and speedy recovery! Kristina
C. B.
on 6/11/04 3:55 am - Lisle, IL
I just returned from my lap-band surgery...just a few bites of jello and I'm full-a blessing!!! I understand that fills here in the Chicagoland area are very expensive. The patients (now becoming friends) that had surgery shortly before/after me in Tijuana might be having it done in Arkansas... a lap-band doc does it for $100. Of course there's airfare. I will still do some more research here, though before making decision. My surgeon down there taught Dr. Santiago Horgan (Chicago), one of his students... maybe he can give a discount for a referral! Keep in contact. Just don't make the stupid mistake I did (which almost landed me in the emerg rm)... a day after surgery, my teacher friend had a small piece of cinnamon toast at the table that she hadn't finished. It smelled great, so I thought I'd just eat a little (tiny) bit and simply chew it 20 times before swallowing...bad choice...I was vomiting and almost couldn't catch my breath. Liquids, liquids, liquids for at least 10 days. Cheryl Brown [email protected]
Marcie B.
on 6/2/04 9:14 am - Portland, OR
I had surgery with Dr.Ortiz on 5/14 and I am extremely pleased. Dr. Ortiz is very professional and his entire team, including Drs. Martinez and Kelly are wonderful! I had some complications following surgery (a very tight band, and extreme swelling that made it impossible for me to keep down any liquids for the first 4 days.) They would not allow me to return home until my condition improved and they took wonderful care of me. I am working on updating my profile so my full story isn't available. I am wishing you all the best though! Marcie
maizabal
on 6/3/04 8:36 am - CA
I had my surgery w/ Dr Ortiz... everything went well no complications and a very pleasant experience with him and his team. I wish you the best on your new journey I'm sure you would love it Maria Dr. Ortiz 1/10/04 247/210/136
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views