Date in Mexico

Debbie L
on 5/27/04 5:35 am - Western, Pa
This my first time posting to the board. I just got a confirmation date of August 6th from Rosella at Dr. Aguirre's office. I am a little frightned about traveling to Mexico. My husband will be going with me but neither of us speak and spanish. My husbands insurance excludes anything to do with weightloss. I was going to purchase my own insurance but it was $567 a month and I would have to wait 6 months and keep it for at least 3 years it is cheaper to go to Mexico. I made my decision based on all the good things I have read on here. I am a little afraid of any complications and not getting a Dr. to help when I get home. I have an appointment with my PCP next week and I hope he will agree to help me when I get home.
doglover
on 5/27/04 6:01 am - Glendale, Az
HI Debbie! I know it is scary, I had my surgery in October, 03 with Dr A. Neither my husband or I speak any spanish either. But it was great, if having surgery is ever great. I was very pleased with the care and quality of the surgery. You will not be sorry. Feel free to contact me with questions.! Congratulations on having the courage to make this choice. LeeAnn
DiannasaurusRex
on 6/2/04 10:38 pm - West, FL
Congratulations Dr. Aguirre is going to have a busy summer! My mother-in-law and I don't speak spanish at all either, but never had a problem while in Mexico. I won't lie - hiring the driver, Bambi, helped. If your PCP gives you a hard time (the doc I was seeing said she wouldn't touch anything surgery-related), there are specific step-by-step instructions here for removing your own staples and drain tube. I decided to wait until I got home to determine how brave I felt about it. I'd either do it myself, or go to the walk-in clinic and have them do it. Turns out it was all very easy to take care of on my own, I wasn't nervous at all. The staple removing tool was only a few dollars at wisdomking.com. Had there been any sign of something amiss I'd have drug my butt in to seek professional help, but everything was fine.
Dinka Doo
on 6/5/04 6:52 pm - Medford, OR
Debbie - I think the majority of the folks who see Dr. Aguirre don't speak spanish, so just take comfort in knowing that we've been there and done that and the way is well paved. As for the doctor, I went ahead and changed doctors to an internist that agreed to take me on after the surgery. My own doctor wouldn't. Don't be afraid to do what you have to do. Congratulations on this decision!!! Dina
Debbie L
on 6/5/04 9:20 pm - Western, Pa
My PCP has agreed to still see me after surgery. He had a lot of questions for me when he found out I was going to Mexico. He said if going there is what I really wanted to do then go for it. He even said he was going to check into what kind of care I would need after so he would be prepared.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views