Driving from Canada

Tamara B.
on 5/19/04 8:10 am - Vancuver BC, WA
Do you think is is stupid to drive? it would take 3 days to get there and 3days back. Do you think i will be able to sit in a car for long periods of time. Hinest opinion please. thank you.
pinkpetunias
on 5/19/04 11:58 am - Duvall, WA
Hi Tamara, I am from the Seattle area so we are fairly close! I figured out how much it would cost for food, lodging and gas (which is very expesive) and the plane tickets were actually cheaper. My friends from BC always drive to Seattle, stay in a hotel at the airport for one night, that gives them free parking at the hotel, they fly to Mexico, stay one night upon return in Seattle and drive home. Just an idea!
tallen
on 5/20/04 2:26 am - Farmington, NM
Hi Tamara, I will be driving also but from New Mexico. One way for me will be approx. 800 miles to Ensenada, MX. Are you going to Ensenada also? Hope your day is blessed, Tracy
q E.
on 5/20/04 12:20 pm - e, e
Hi I live in Florida and we are driving to Monterrey Mexico it is 1700 miles 1 way! I dont think it is stupid to drive lol because I wouldnt get on a plane for a million bucks! The MOST important thing to remember on your way back is EVERY 45 min-hr get out and WALK!!!!!!!!!!! You dont want to chance blood clots forming. Plus the more you walk the less sore you will be but it is VERY important to stop evry hr and walk about 15 min or so. Speak to your Dr about this im not telling mine im driving because it is a llllllllloooonnnnngggggg ways and he might not like that but as long as I walk I should be fine. Dont forget to take your liquid tylonol!!!!!! And check on surgery stockings and I was told to wear an abdominal brace (keeps everything from jiggling) during the drive home.
Dinka Doo
on 5/21/04 12:32 am - Medford, OR
Well, I would say that coming back after surgery would not be a good idea if you are doing the driving. I tried driving when I got home about 9 days after surgery and it was quite stiff for me. If someone else is driving it might be okay, but as someone already said - gas and lodging and food for those 6 days will override the cost of a plane ticket. I do know you will be less worn out, will suffer less of a chance of getting a blood clot, and will probably spend less money if you fly... Dina
jellyopal
on 6/3/04 1:33 pm - Central, SC
i think if you had a moter home fine, otherwise its dicey. i wouldnt have been able to, but i know others could have. let me know what you do. diane. ps. - im a toronto-nian ..........go! calgary! go!
Cindy L.
on 7/9/04 1:59 am - Calgary, Canada
*waves at you from Calgary* I am originally from Toronto..I came out here 5 yrs ago. I also spent 10 yrs on the east coast in N.S. I am going for lap band on the 30th. Just booked my flight. I'm excited but wondering about a few things,..like,...my friend had rny, and she had to go in the day before surgery for an enema,...we don't have to do that do we? Just no eating after midnight before surgery right? I am going to Mexicali to Dr Alberta Aceves. My greatest concern is, I don't feel educated at all on what I am supposed to put in my mouth after surgery...what goes in when in what amounts? Did you have the same questions? Can you point me in a direction of resources to go look at online or otherwise? Thanks in advance for any advice, and nice to meet a fellow Canuck! Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views