I'm sooooo scared!!!!!!!!

Karen S.
on 5/13/04 9:22 am - Spencerville, Oh
hi there, i'm having WLS with Dr. Aguirre on June 18th and i'm terrified. first of all, i'm flying and i absolutely hate to fly! second, i'm having surgery then have no Dr to take care of me when i get home. HELP!!!!!!!
pinkpetunias
on 5/13/04 9:36 am - Duvall, WA
Hang in there! From all my readings it seems that everyone is very well taken care of. I am having surgery on June 23rd. Will you still be there? I usually get vertigo when I fly although I do it quite often. I don't have a doctor either. I figure if I have any problems I will go to the emergency room. I would worry if you weren't scared. Are you taking someone with you?
Diane55
on 5/13/04 3:31 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I'm sure you will do fine. Flying isn't nearly as bad as we make it, when we dwell on it. As far as having a PCP, you will find one. I felt so good after having Dr Aguirre do my surgery I didn't need anyone to "take care" of me. Just concertrate on how happy you are going to be after surgery. Think on the whys, not the hows. It is easy to get worked up over all the unknowns, but that is when you have to grab ahold of your mind and fill it with all the positives on why you are doing this. All my dreams are coming true and they will happen for you too!
Dinka Doo
on 5/13/04 5:14 pm - Medford, OR
Karen - Deeeeeep breath. Try not to sweat it too much. I found it helped me when I got my travel plans nailed down. Spend a little time asking around your area about doctors. Find a local wls support group and poll everyone on who their doctor is and see if one of them will take you. I found an internist that was willing to help. Take care and vent away all you need. That's what we're here for! Dina
JuliaV
on 5/14/04 12:30 am
Hi Karen You will be just fine. You are having surgery with the best doctor there is. And don't worry about flying it is not to bad. Start looking for a doctor now and maybe you can find one who will take care of you. Take care we are always here for you Julia
ivy S.
on 5/14/04 10:41 am - mcallen, TX
hi i had my surgery also in mexico and now im living by myself. the days in the hospital, they took care of me and by the time i got home...i was very self reliant. my procedure went by very smoothly. the worst thing i found out is the anticipation. the recovery is a piece of cake compared to the days before surgery. try to relax. ivy
Deborah P.
on 5/17/04 12:55 am - NY, NY
Had my surgery with Dr. Aguirre March 18. Flew all the way from New York to San Diego - can't get much further flight than that. Made my travel arrangements literally the last minute because I couldn't come to the realization that I was doing this. All that disappeared when I hit San Diego and Bamby picked me up and then Rosella was waiting for me when I arrived. The care given by these people supported by the excellent surgeon we have chosen is what will make your nerves calm -- it's just getting there. In my opinion my personal experience had a lot to do with the choices I made to insure that my trip, aftercare was all in line with what would make me mentally calm. I made sure I blocked the seat I wanted on the plane, I booked Bamby as the best source of transport and had him stop in a supermarket to get a few things for my room, I used Rosella for admin. services more than the medical services, I had a full physical at my PCP three weeks before and told her about my surgery. She hooked me up with a local support group and offered to take my staples out. I read everyone's experiences and recommendations on foods and had certain things waiting for me when I got home. I used all my miles on my frequent flyer to upgrade myself to first class on my return flight so I was as comfortable as possible. I'm a big believer in trying to visualize myself and then doing whatever i can to make sure I'm prepared for as much as I can. In the end, I felt the better prepared I was, everything became easier. Best of luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views