staples

Lisa W.
on 5/12/04 4:56 am - Madison, WI
Has anyone taken out their own staples? Can they tell me how to do it? Or do you think your regular doctor will take it out? I'm getting half taken out in Ensenada plus the tube but, they said I need to remove the rest myself. Any ideas? Lisa
doglover
on 5/12/04 6:18 am - Glendale, Az
Hi Lisa! Most physicians in the US will NOT touch another Dr's work, soooo, just tell Dr. A that you will be removing the other half yourself, order a pair of staple removers online, cost only a few dollars, and he will walk you through how to take them out. It isn't hard, and it doesn't hurt either (well, maybe a couple did, but not bad). It happens all the time. Good luck, and congratulations on making the decision! YOu won't regret it. LeeAnn
y0maria
on 5/12/04 9:46 am - CA
My family doctor would have taken them out but I have siblings who are nurses and they took them out. I ordered a staple remover from wisdomking. com (I think). It was easy and relatively painless. The remover looks like scissors but have three prongs. The center prong goes under the staple and you squeeze the handle. The staple pops right out.
Charlotte H.
on 5/13/04 2:12 am - Taylor, TX
You might ask your PCP if she he/she will take them out. My PCP was happy to do it even though my insurance didn't cover the surgery and she knew I went to Mexico. She took out my drain tube too with no problems. Charlotte Herron Dr. Aguirre 2/20/04 -57#
ivy S.
on 5/14/04 10:43 am - mcallen, TX
does removing the drain tool hurt? ivy
Dinka Doo
on 5/13/04 5:15 pm - Medford, OR
With the right tool it should be easy, but I still would rather have a doctor do it just to be sure everything looks ready to go. My doc was fine with that, so just ask. Can't hurt to ask! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views