Post-Op aftercare?

Rolando B.
on 5/10/04 4:27 pm - NY
I'm in the NY Metro/Long Island area and was wondering if anyone had problems finding a doctor that would undertake your aftercare. From what I have been reading some doctors are very reluctant to do so, and I was wondering if someone might be able to recommend one. I am trying to figure out how to proceed with the surgery and aftercare is an important part of it. Thanks to all in advance.
doglover
on 5/11/04 3:01 am - Glendale, Az
Hi Cesar! I couldn't find anyone willing to handle the aftercare portion of this. So, my spouse removed my staples and Gtube! My Dr. did agree to monitor bloodwork as part of my regular care and I use this website, chock full of advice and people for the emotional support and other aftercare issues. Dr. Aguirre is always to talk to by phone if needed. Good luck! You won't regret the decision to have this done. LeeAnn RNY 10/14/03 300/203/150.
Deborah P.
on 5/11/04 7:54 am - NY, NY
Hi Cesar. I am in Metro-NY Westchester area and I got lucky with my PCP in Westchester who has been looking after me (I am 6 weeks post-op). She removed my staples and she's going to check my B-12, etc. in the future. If she didn't, I was going to call one of the Bariatric Centers (I have one at Sound Shore Medical in New Rochelle), my girlfriend had surgery and goes to Long Island Jewish Medical (I think I got that right). Lastly, I would say that this site has been an absolute blessing. I find so much information and found so many people that I am in regular contact with that I almost always find what I need from one of the wonderful people here. Best of luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views