surgery May 21 with Dr. Ortiz

JOan B.
on 5/4/04 7:23 am - Great Falls, VA
Hi. I've researched LapBand and decided on Dr. Ortiz. Anyone who has had him, please feel free to tell me about your experience. Many of the postings are for RNY, so more good news on Dr. Ortiz would reassure me that he is a good choice. THank you.
Dinka Doo
on 5/4/04 7:50 am - Medford, OR
I didn't have Dr. Ortiz, but I have heard some really good things about him from the folks who post here. If no one else replies, you might search back on this board and find posts about him. Dina
JOan B.
on 5/4/04 8:28 am - Great Falls, VA
Dina- Thanks. I checked out the list of patients who have had lapband with him(via this site). There just weren't many who had written anything. I started getting nutty and thinking that maybe they were all fabricated stories or something (I know that's nuts). Again, thanks for responding. Joan
Amber B.
on 5/4/04 8:29 am - southern, MO
Joan, Hi! I am having surgery with Dr. Ortiz also on May 28. I have done a lot of info. searching on him and it has all been great. You might go to the web site Yahoo groups Mexican Bandsters or Yahoo groups Dr. Ortiz, they are really helpful. There is a lot of his patients on there and they have a lot of help to offer. His coord. Robin is the med. on the Dr. Ortiz yahoo group. Good luck and keep me informed how it goes! Amber
sherry M.
on 5/9/04 11:45 pm - palatine, IL
I just got back from having my band placed by Dr. Ortiz. They were all great!! My husband traveled with me and was very impressed by the doctors.The hospital is small, but well equipped. In order for them to make sure you are comfortable, you need to be honest about your feelings and pain levels. This is not the time to put on a brave face! Mama Ortiz talks a mile a minute while she whisks you away for all your pre-op tests. The hotel is clean and in a safe area.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views