EXTREME PAIN

GWinVegas
on 4/30/04 11:19 am - North Las Vegas, NV
I am one week post-op from open RNY (Dr. Aguirre) I had the g-tube removed yesterday. I am back in the USA now, and am having an extreme burning pain at the g-tube incision site. Sometimes walking or eating brings on the pain. Did anyone else have this type of pain? How long did it last? How long does it take for the g-tube "hole" to close? Any suggestions for alleviating the pain? Thanks!
jarrn03
on 4/30/04 11:37 am - Lebanon, OR
Gary, Congrats to becoming a loser! We'd love to here your experience. I only had pain immediately after taking the tube out. It only lasted about 3 mins, but it was intense, like a charley horse. I am not sure why it would still hurt. Call Dr. A and ask. I took out my own tube and I had to call him about it and he was great! Keep us posted on your progress! Julie Ryan
Annette W.
on 4/30/04 12:15 pm - Federal Way, wa
Congrats Gary. I didn't get that pain you were talking about the g-tube. It sounds like it could be infected or irritated. The G tube hole should start closing up 2 days after the removal of the tube. I just kept cleaning it and put a bandaid over it. Gary call Dr. Augirre or go in and see your dr. Keep us posted.
Dinka Doo
on 5/1/04 12:51 am - Medford, OR
Gary - definitely check with your local doctor because it almost sounds to me like it is infected. Hopefully not, but it is always best to be safe than sorry. Don't worry about the weekend - just go do it. You will regret it if it is infected or there is a little leak going on from the old stomach. I don't want to freak you out, but frankly there are too many things that can go wrong and with your surgeon in Mexico, you really need to act quick just in case. My pain was very very intense immediately following the removal of the tube and it lasted for about 10-15 minutes. It felt like I was being stabbed. It didn't hurt after that and it healed up okay. It weeped maybe a week after removal or so. Dina
Janice H.
on 5/2/04 9:12 am - dewey, az
Gary--This is your Ensenada next door neighbor, Janice. I still have my g-tube but i agree with everone else that it shouldn't continue to hurt like that. Is the area around the site red, hot, and swollen? Do you have a fever? That would be an indication of infection. How is your incision doing? I've been thinking about you a lot and praying that things are going better for you. If I were you I would give Dr. Aguirre a call and ask him about the pain you're having.
pinkpetunias
on 5/3/04 10:57 am - Duvall, WA
Just checking to see how you are. Has the pain subsided? Have you visited a doctor? Please let us know how you are!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views