Where to Stay in Ensenada?

MissOleMiss S.
on 4/23/04 5:35 pm - East Central, MS
I would like to know everyone's opinion on where to stay in Ensenada. Is the apartment the best choice for $70 a night... I'm trying to find the nicest place for the best price, my plane tickets are going to cost a fortune so trying to save money somewhere It will be me and my Parents from June 9th-15th... Any and all suggestions Greatly appreciated.
beckyvee
on 4/24/04 12:01 am - Cedar Park, TX
I think the apartment is the best way to go. Or you can check out the profiles for other ideas.
Charlotte H.
on 4/24/04 12:29 am - Taylor, TX
My mother and I stayed at the Posada El Rey Sol. It was about $65 a night. It's about a half block off the main tourist section (quiet but convenient for walking/shopping), and about two blocks from the water. You will need a taxi to get to the hospital and Dr. A's office. The staff there were very helpful with everything - including giving us the phone number of a pharmacy that would deliver the post-op pain meds. Another really good thing about the Posada - they have an 800 number from the US so family can call you while you're there. I understand the apartment does not have a phone, but there is a phone booth outside. When I was there, the apartment was a new thing. If we had known about it sooner, we might have stayed there based on the small difference in price. (BTW, you can buy a phone card - I think it's Telnor - at the pharmacy that can be used in the public phones all over town to call the US. It comes in $1, $2, $5, $10 and $20 denominations. We bought a $10 and had about 30 minutes of talk time.) Charlotte
Dinka Doo
on 4/24/04 2:21 pm - Medford, OR
I would think the apartment is going to give you the most bang for your buck considering how many people you have going with you - and the fact that you will have a kitchen and it's from what I understand quite cozy. I would love to have stayed at the apartment had I known about it in time. As for the cheapest Mexico to US phone card, the one that I found online that was the cheapest was Mexico Mundial by MCI. I got one for $25 here: http://speedypin.com/prepaid/phone-card/MM10. It runs 25 cents a minute. Other ones are a lot more expensive. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views