Me Again!!!

MissOleMiss S.
on 4/23/04 11:39 am - East Central, MS
I was totally confused on how long you had to stay in Ensenada, My date is June 10th and Rosella says I can't leave until the 15th i thought you could leave sooner than that??? Did all of you posties stay that long???? My parents can't afford to stay that long someone please tell me about your experiences...
dannern
on 4/23/04 12:09 pm - N. O., la
MissOleMiss, if your surgery is on the 10th, you are in the hospital the 11th and discharged to your hotel on the 12th. This would mean you have two days to rest and fly out on the morning of the 15th. This gives you some time to rest!
pinkpetunias
on 4/23/04 2:17 pm - Duvall, WA
Rosella told me that they take out half the staples and the tube on the 7th day and the rest on the 8th day. I was planning on about ten days for the whole thing. I want Dr. Aguirre to do the whole thing because I don't have a doctor here.
Charlotte H.
on 4/24/04 12:34 am - Taylor, TX
The reason Dr. A wants you to stay until the 15th is so that if anything is wierd, he can take care of it. I had my surgery on 2/20, got out of the hospital on 2/22 and flew home on 2/25. Though I was VERY ready to go home by the afternoon of the 24th (mentally), the extra night of sleep (we left very early on the 25th) really made me travel-ready physically. I had my staples and tube removed by my PCP at home. Oh yes, for those who might be leery about traveling with your tube in, it wasn't a problem. When you leave the hospital Dr. A gives you a timetable for plugging your tube. (e.g. plugged for 2 hrs AM and PM the first day, 4 Hrs. the second, etc.) On the day you go home, you're basically leaving it plugged all day. The whole apparatus will tuck easily under your binder and you don't even know it's there. Charlotte Open RNY - Dr. Aguirre 2/20/04 Now down 46#!!! Yeaaaa!
Dinka Doo
on 4/24/04 2:36 pm - Medford, OR
I would urge anyone to stick it out and stay a week because it's a good thing to be close by your surgeon if anything goes wrong. I also wanted to make sure I didn't have a problem getting my tube and some staples out. I know others have said several times that the staples can come out on the 8th day, but Dr. A. didn't say that to me, and I ended up having them in for almost 3 weeks. That was a bit too long, but at the same time it afforded me some more security in that I wasn't splitting open like some people do. I didn't want to have an opened wound, so I'd rather keep the stinking staples in longer than shorter. I would imagine though that it might depend on your stomach girth and how much pressure you have down there. I know that when I headed home on the 8th day, my 2.5 year old son ran to greet me and sat on my knee while I was resting and he ended up kicking me ever so slightly on the belly button and I split ever so slightly there. So those staples I believe kept me from tearing farther open. If you do travel home earlier, I would urge you to make sure you have an appt with your PCP as soon as you get home so you make sure someone is looking at your wound, etc. Also, make sure to take some protein drinks along as they will be imperative for you to have the energy. The best ones I found that go down the easiest after surgery are Protidiet tropical punch. They taste much like Koolaid or Jello. They are based on a gelatin protein and there is no funny aftertaste. Anyway, they go down easily and really boost your energy. The only place I've found them online with exception to the French website is here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cntr4weightloss/tropfruitfla.html. I had these as soon as I was able to have clear liquids and my energy level went from 0 to almost normal in just about 15-30 minutes. Huge difference. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views