Help Please????

pinkpetunias
on 4/20/04 12:54 pm - Duvall, WA
Hello everyone! I am in a quandry because I have emailed Dr. Aguirre twic and never received a reply. When I read other posts everyone says he is great at responding. I also noticed he has two different email addresses. Okay, to get to the point. Would someone please tell me how to contact him!!!! Thanks
Annette W.
on 4/20/04 4:39 pm - Federal Way, wa
Don't email, I mentioned that to them so call directley to Cardiomed hospital at 011-52-646-178-0351 ask for Rosella.and try this other number 011-52-646-178-3821 Tell her Liberty gave you the number, She will know who I am. I live in federal way, whatever you do DO Take someone with you and definately take the route with Bambi too and From your surgery. Doing it the most cheapest route(which we took) was terrible, I can garantee you will not be happy taking the bus, trolley, taxi to your room is not a fun trip. You can arrange your flight and pick up and drop off for Bambi, here is his number (this is his local number 174-5660) If I could take it back I would have stayed at the appartments, I dreaded the stay at the hotel because we are at the main strip of party town. Doesn't matter if it is El Cid or Days inn. No peace and queit. My head still can hear the banging and techno. One thing Rosella forgot to metion to everyone is the it is only $70.00 a night to stay at the apartment without a nurse, but with a nurse it is $125.00 You get everything you need there, oven,stove,fridge, nice firm bed queen size plus another bed in the same room that can accomidate one other adult person or two kids on the bed.Bring your Soap, you are not provided with soap. you will be using the Soap consatantly. I am making a site for others to see. I have pictures and information I will add on so you can see ofhand and what my expereince was. I just came back yesterday. Keep in touch. some of my photo's might be graphic so don't let that discourage you. Glad I can help. Once you get hold of Rosella tell her again their email is having a problem. She really needs that addressed.
Dinka Doo
on 4/20/04 6:02 pm - Medford, OR
Good advice that Annette gave you - definitely CALL. I think there is a problem with their email, so people are having a hard time communicating that way. Dina
pinkpetunias
on 4/21/04 12:00 pm - Duvall, WA
Thanks to everyone *****sponded to my questions. Please tell me some things----someone said they left with stitches, staples and drains. Is this true. Do I need to contact a doctor before I go and have he/she agree to take this stuff out? also, how far ahead does Dr. Aguirre book his surgery? What info do I need to take with me? Do I need any medical tests before I leave? Is there anyone out there that went to Mexico alone? How many days total were you away from home? Thanks everyone. All this is so helpful.
Dinka Doo
on 4/21/04 12:20 pm - Medford, OR
Canela - With Dr. Aguirre you will have an open procedure instead of lap. You will have a "zipper" of staples on your tummy and a drain connected to your old stomach. He will take this out after it has been in about a week from your surgery. Most people feel nothing when it comes out while some might feel some localized pain after it has been removed (usually not during removal though). It just slips right out after he deflates the bulb. He will likely remove half the staples a week after also, but some people have had almost all of them removed earlier. I went too long for getting mine out, as it was nearly 3 weeks by the time I had them all removed, but in retrospect I'm happy about that because I didn't have any wounds open up on me as some have experienced. I recommend getting a doctor on board with you before you go. It's important to have someone who won't refuse to see you. My old PCP refused so I had to get a new one. I think Dr. Aguirre is running about 2 months out right now but I'm not positive. I had to wait 4 months. Info to take with you? Not a whole lot. They will do blood tests the night before. If you have special needs, like a CPAP machine or something you should bring it with you. They can answer all those questions for you when you call though. There are several people who went alone but it's rarely recommended. It's just not a good thing when you need so much help right after surgery. That is why they set up the apartments though - so you would have access to transportation and a nurse when needed. I was gone for 9 days from home. I travelled down probably a day too early in retrospect. I would plan to fly in the day before surgery - early enough for Bamby to pick you up and take you down there (if you use him) and for you to make your appointment the night before. I stayed for a week after my surgery. Had my surgery on a Wed and went home the next Wed. I was surprised how good I felt and how easy the travel was on me considering. Hope that helps - let us know if other questions! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views