Dumping question

jarrn03
on 4/7/04 3:01 am - Lebanon, OR
I had my first expereince with it last night. I drank milk either too much or too fast. Anyhow I was nauseated, sweating, fast heartrate and diarrhea. I wanted to throw up so bad but couldn't bring myself to do it. If I would of would the dumping have stopped? Thanks, Julie Ryan
dannern
on 4/7/04 3:22 am - N. O., la
I don't know for sure, but seems like it would have been over quicker---lol. I had the exact same thing happen at about 2 weeks out. Ate part of a baked potato with cheese and it happened. What a terrible feeling. But to be honest I'd much prefer that to vomiting. I hate to vomit and rarely ever do. Can count on one hand the times. I feel so sorry for people who my heart goes out to them.
Dinka Doo
on 4/7/04 4:03 am - Medford, OR
Oh boy - yeah....that's what I usually do, but I don't always get the diarrhea. I dumped twice yesterday - no fun! I have never either but I suspect it would have helped. I'm like Deanne - I hate to hork and so I do everything I can to NOT do it! Dina
doglover
on 4/8/04 2:41 am - Glendale, Az
Yup, that sounds like dumping to me! However, I have discovered, that throwing up is very easy. A simple burp and it's all over. Unbelieveable. I was the same way prior to surgery, I hated bringing any thing back up and really fought it. One of the many unheralded benefits of having this surgery, throwing up is a piece of cake. No aches, broken blood vessels, etc. Take my word for it.
latrishanickle
on 4/8/04 10:39 pm - Pensacola, FL
Hi Julie, That is dumping. I would not stop drinking the milk just do so in smaller amounts and sip it instead. Throwing up WILL NOT make the dumping stop. Once you start to dump it's because it has already passed through your pouch and is dumping into your bloodstream, so it's to late at that point. I know it feels terrible, lying down seem to make mine pass more quickly but the longest it has ever lasted for me was 30 minutes. Hope this helps. BTW, I really enjoyed meeting you in Ensenada, you are so pretty. Even Dr. Aguirre and Dr. Estrella and Rosella all commented to me on how pretty you are.
Dinka Doo
on 4/9/04 5:09 am - Medford, OR
Good info to have Latrisha. I didn't realize that tidbit of information. Well, I'm not a barfer anyway. I avoid it as much as physically possible! Dina
Marlene S.
on 4/8/04 11:32 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
So far I have not had any problem with throwing up. I did experience a case of bad stomach cramps with chills earlier this week. Was in the bathroom for almost an hour. Don't remember what I ate either. Something did not agree with me, that's for sure. And I've been measuring my food to make sure I don't over-eat.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views