Breaking the rules!

Dinka Doo
on 4/2/04 11:04 am - Medford, OR
Not the rules of the pouch, sillies! The rules of dieting psychosis! You know how in the past you might go out and buy an outfit in the anticipation of losing enough weight to get into it? Yeah - well, I quit doing that a LONG time ago, but this week - ahhhhhhhhhhh - I bought a bathing suit! A size 22 (my current one is a size 28 I think). I should be wearing it in the pool this summer! Woohoo! (BTW, I couldn't resist - it was on sale, and I KNEW the old suit wouldn't be good for much longer!) Dina
Joanne V.
on 4/2/04 12:14 pm - Lexington, MS
Dina - I used to do that, and also saved skinny clothes for when I could get back into them. For the first time, since my surgery, I have gotten into and down past some of those clothes. I still have a couple pair of size medium overalls waiting for me. I just love overalls and I was too fat to wear them for a long time. ( Somehow, short alls looked more tolerable to me in plus sizes than regular shorts, but overalls looked less tolerable than regular pants.) I tried dressing my kids in them but they have all rebelled against overalls now - even if I offer to buy them from Old Navy and not count it out of their clothing budget. But getting back to me, I now have two pairs I am wearing, misses size large (the largest misses size overalls are extra large, I'm out of that) , a black pair from Target, and a denim pair from Old Navy. I also have a size medium of each to get down to just in case they stop carrying overalls. My husband and I really think I look great in the large, but I can also squeeze into the medium and I plan they will be fitting well by the one year anniversary of my personal independence day on 7-4-04. I also had bought a size 14 "George" black skirt from Walmart. The "George" stuff is kind of nice and I thought it was a pretty tolerable black skirt, it was marked down and when I bought it it was a little tight. Now it is too loose. I wish I had looked to see if they had a 10 and 12 marked down too. I think you'll be in that bathing suit, in fact it may be too loose. Where do you live? When does your swimming weather start? -- Jody
Dinka Doo
on 4/2/04 4:03 pm - Medford, OR
Jody - our swimming weather will probably be here the end of May beginning of June. It depends on how hot it is and how the pool heats up. I want to get a solar pool heater though so I can start swimming earlier. My birthday is at the end of July and I really hope to have 100 lbs off by then, but if not, then I'll settle with whatever I get. I still think that 22 is a conservative guess, but it's stretchy and should be fine if it's a little loose. The one I have now I think is a 28, but it might be a 30. Either way it's already loose enough on me and it will be falling off of me very quickly. Dina
Joanne V.
on 4/3/04 1:38 am - Lexington, MS
Sounds good. I love water exercise. You don't get hot and sweaty and it is easy on the joints. One thing I like to do is just go in up to the neck and keep arms moving and legs moving. I either kick in place or walk back and forth, all the while moving arms up and down. Its not actually water aerobics, but I figure if I am moving agains****er resistance I am doing well. I hope your suit does well. Oh thats one thing I could tell you. On lots of clothes I have found I could alternate sizes, not buy one of each size. Like just wear your 22 suit until it is kind of loose, then I think you will fit in an 18, and you won't need to buy a 20. -- Jody
Dinka Doo
on 4/4/04 4:23 am - Medford, OR
Ahhhh - great minds think alike! I do the same exact thing in water as you! And also I was thinking the same exact thing on the suit as well. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views