Hotel Coral

dakins
on 4/1/04 10:29 pm - Statesboro, GA
This is mainly for Dr. Aguirre Patients. I am wondering if I will need to bring food with me if I am staying at the Hotel Coral and Marinna. Did there Yogart and cheeses taste gamie too? I do not mine taking some but I will be staying for eight days and do not want to over bring on food. Thanks!
chillyb45
on 4/1/04 10:34 pm - Snohomish, Wa
Maybe it was just me but I tried cottage cheese and yogurt when I was down there and everything just tasted over sweet to me. I think if I went back for any reason i'd take my own yogurt or cottage cheese. Hope someone else answers too cause It might have just been my tasters were off lol
jarrn03
on 4/1/04 11:09 pm - Lebanon, OR
My parents brought a cooler full of jello, cream of wheat and crystal light. For one the hotel isn't cheap. Just to warn you for 6 nights and one dinner bill our total was $850. Even with Dr. Aguirre's discount after they add all their taxes in it was if we paid full price. They also have other little tax, add on's. The Coral was nice, but I didn't spend a lot of time wandering around. They do not have air conditioning, but if you open the front and back door you get a nice ocean breese in. It is also much cooler down at the pool area. Get a phone card! I made 4 phone calls under 10 min each and the bill was $40. I hope my info helped! Good luck to you! Julie Ryan
Dinka Doo
on 4/2/04 5:01 am - Medford, OR
Per my friend, you can't find sugar free yogurt there. It was fine though - the Dannon she got, but we never saw any on the menu for the hotel. I found the cottage cheese a slight bit gamey but putting the SF jello powder in it helped. As for the AC, they told me they do have it but they don't turn it on until the warmer season. They do have extra fans you can have brought up though. I would stop in San Diego on your way down and get your yogurt and cheeses. It's just easier. Oh, and for a phone card, do a search for Mexico Mundial from MCI. It's the cheapest phone card for Mexico I've found. It is 25 cents a minute for outbound calls. NOT ALL MEXICO CALLING CARDS ARE FOR CALLING OUT. You have to make sure you know which one you are getting. I researched it as well as I could (and I'm pretty thorough) and that one above was the cheapest I've located. Dina
dakins
on 4/2/04 8:58 am - Statesboro, GA
thanks Dana I read that in your profile and I could not locate it I will try again. My friend is going to bring her nextel phone so I can call my mom and husband after surgery. Any other words of wisdom please let me know. debbie
Dinka Doo
on 4/2/04 10:56 am - Medford, OR
Debbie - Here is a link for that phone card: http://1-877-phonecards.com/prepaid/phone-card/MM25. Also, I'm not sure about Nextel, but I do know my ATT wireless worked great down there. I had to set it up for international roaming first thought. It as $1.29 a minute to use. Good luck! Dina
dakins
on 4/3/04 3:32 am - Statesboro, GA
Dina I went online and ordered the cards. Not only is it 25cents a minute it is also the only one I found that charged you one minute at a time and no service fee. You just have to use it in three months from the time you start using it. I bought 300 minutes so I could call my family. Thanks for your help. Debbie
Dinka Doo
on 4/4/04 4:44 am - Medford, OR
Debbie! I am glad you were able to get the card. It is by far the best deal I was able to find! Now when dialing out of Mexico it does give you instructions, but you would dial 001-800 and then the rest of the number. (If you are staying in a hotel, you would dial the number to get out first though) When you get in, dial your card number (the prompt will be in spanish) and it will ask if you want spanish or english from there. Once you choose it should keep that preference for your card number, but if not, just be aware the prompt may come up again. Then when you dial the US number, it would be 01 instead of just 1 then the area code and number. So it would look like: 01-541-555-5555. I know I found I didn't use my whole phone card as I wasn't really wanting to talk much. Plus my husband would call me sometimes so I didn't need to worry about using it up. I got 100 minutes and had quite a few left over! Hope it works good for you! Dina
dakins
on 4/4/04 1:11 pm - Statesboro, GA
I though of that. If I have some left over I will just give them to the next patient or something. I cannot stand to just let them go. Thanks for everthing. Debbie
sweetkiki
on 4/2/04 8:34 am - Miami, FL
I know our room had AC. My surgery was Sept 9th, but the AC was definitely working then!!! The breeze was nice though and I can't complain about how the weather was when we were there. Now, the hospital does NOT have AC. Luckily though they had the fan in the room and it wasn't a problem. Maybe call the Hotel and ask about the a.c. I don't do cheese or yogurt, so can't help you there. I did have a yogurt drink from the gas station down the street from the hospital and it's made by Dannon and tasted fine. But I hadn't ever had one in the U.S. and haven't had one since that one. I was looking for something that would be easy on the stomach and since I'm a picky eater that wasn't the easiest thing to do in a gas station, lol!!!! If you are worried stop in San Diego and pick up a little cooler and a few containers of yogurt cottage cheese etc. Good luck!! Kiki ;)~
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views