Julie Ryan & Latrisha Nickel

Dinka Doo
on 3/29/04 4:04 am - Medford, OR
Hi all - I just now got off the phone with Julie Ryan. She is staying at the Hotel Coral and doing great. She has a cough and post nasal drip which is aggrivating but is doing well. She said she did have some nausea when she was in the hospital and got the dry heaves for awhile which was very painful, but since then she's been fine. In fact, I caught her as she had come back from doing some shopping downtown, so I guess that is a good indication she's feeling well! LOL! Also, a little surprise, Latrisha was there when Julie was there and had a last minute schedule to get some of her skin removal done. I asked Julie if Latrisha minded if I posted about it and she said she didn't say not to. Since we knew she was planning on it, I figure maybe it was okay to spill those beans. I'm sure she will be posting updates on how she is doing later as well. Dina
dannern
on 3/29/04 6:13 am - N. O., la
I'm really curious to know what the costs of plastic surgery are there compared to here. Two years ago I worked for a plastic surgeon here in N.O. that was charging $3,500 for a tummy tuck and the same for breast implants. I wonder how Mexico compares.
y0maria
on 3/29/04 9:10 am - CA
There isn't as much as a difference with plastics in Mexico as there is with the WLS, although it is less expensive. If you go to www.arrivacostarica.com they have a price list for just about any plastic surgery that you can think of in Costa Rica. I'm in the middle of researching those surgeons. Also, Dr. Fabio in Brazil is reputed to do marvelous work for a reasonable price. Also, I think it's Diane C., is going to Columbia so she has probably done a bit of researching too.
Dinka Doo
on 3/29/04 4:58 pm - Medford, OR
Mary - thanks for that link. I am really impressed with the prices. I would think Mexico would have similar prices to that though since gastric bypass is about the same. I know Costa Rica is beautiful, but I would be slightly apprehensive about going down so far since I understand it gets less stable as far as terrorism goes, the farther south you go. I'm not really familiar with it though - I am open to hearing what people say, that's for sure. I love the retreat they have linked there too. That's a fabulous idea that I wish were available in Ensenada. I would love to have a place that was hotel-like but had hospital staff there to help you. I think Dr. Aguirre is working up toward that so hopefully it will come to full fruition.... Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 429 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 621 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1207 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1833 views