Wow i just found this this is great

doglover
on 3/29/04 3:23 am - Glendale, Az
Hi all, I too will take a sip sometimes, when we are go out to eat. If the food is really dry, no sauces, etc, then it just doesn't set well. But I am really careful about it, as I know it can shortcircuit what I have had done. I need the nutrition from the foods I eat, and if I drink while eating it washes out, I eat more, and get full alot slower. So I try really hard. It was a very hard habit to break for me, I didn't realize how much I drank while eating until I stopped. WOW! I found myself reaching for the glass all the time. I don't now, but it took a while to break it.
Dinka Doo
on 3/29/04 5:16 pm - Medford, OR
I just make sure I don't have anything to drink nearby and if I feel the need for a small sip, I figure it can't be worse than having a moister food product to eat. I take into consideration how it will sit in my tummy. Tonight for dinner I had Progresso beef/barley soup and a piece of toast w/very light butter. The toast was so dry it felt as if it might be a problem on it's own, but the soup counteracted that. I felt like the toast actually absorbed some of the liquid from the soup. I have a mental picture of how soft or liquidy is is by the time it hits my pouch, and as with the soup, I will sometimes do that with a sip of something. Just to keep things from being too sticky. So far I have only had a couple times where I blew it drinking with my meals only because I hadn't had anything to drink prior and was really thirsty. I figure you live and learn to what extent you can stray... Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views