How to decide on a Mexican surgeon?

BrtGolden
on 6/17/17 1:36 am
VSG on 07/13/17

I have vertical sleeve surgery scheduled in just under 30 days and I'm a little nervous. I'll be using the same Dr and Hospital you did in Juarez. Sure would appreciate any info/ tips/ advise you might have for me. Everything I have read has been positive but I Just don't want any surprises and would like to someone who has done it before I leave the good ole USA to have a surgery.

Tricky2017
on 6/20/17 9:06 pm
VSG on 06/16/17
I just had surgery last week in Juarez at Star Medica and was pleased. Dr. Rod and the team were very professional. They gave me the report to take to my own doctor and their English was good now the staff is not as well with English. The only complaint I have is the cold showers and how slowly they respond at times that I actually used the call button. They are good at giving meds at regular intervals. Good luck to you!
Chamaco
on 8/20/17 3:40 pm

How was your experience in Juarez? Im scheduled for October at Hospital Angeles, Juarez, Mexico

Karebare4u2k
on 3/25/18 3:19 pm

Hi there. May I ask how much your surgery was? TIA

LifeIsAwesome
on 3/8/17 10:18 am
VSG on 02/15/17

I looked into going to Mexico, but ended up being able to stay in the states. My insurance wouldn't approve me either. I met with a highly recommended surgeon in Texas and he suggested getting my hiatal hernia done at the same time so a majority of it was picked up by my insurance company. I had to pay the surgeon $5,000 (for VSG) and the hospital $3,000 (part of that was my co-pay and other part was for VSG surgery). So for a total of $8,000 I was able to get it done here, and have follow-up care with the surgeon at 2 wks, 3 mos, 6 mos, and 1 year. I feel it was totally worth it.

Good luck on your decision!

HW-280; SW-235; GW-155; Age-57; Height-5'8"
Stats from SW - M1 -26; M2 -11; M3 -10; M4 -10; M5 -6; M6 -10; M7 - 5;

Fit2BFine
on 4/10/17 4:04 pm

Which surgeon did you use?

lizcard
on 7/22/18 11:52 am - Arnprior, On
lizcard
on 8/7/18 10:11 pm - Arnprior, On

Hi, just wondering if you did end up going with Dr Jorge Green? I am just about to book my surgerie with him too, but I have the same concerns you had, so just wondering what your ending decision was and if everything worked out for you?

lizcard
on 8/7/18 10:12 pm - Arnprior, On

Hi, just wondering if you did end up going with Dr Jorge Green? I am just about to book my surgerie with him too, but I have the same concerns you had, so just wondering what your ending decision was and if everything worked out for you?

karebear65
on 8/9/18 7:43 pm

Updating. I ended up going to Obesity Control Center in TJ. Dr. Ariel Ortiz. I have an excellent experience in every way. The clinic, staff, nurses, drs. nutritionist, cardiologist and pharmacist all on site were so professional. The hotel and clinic were both very clean and well appointed. The follow up care is ongoing and top notch. I am over a year and a half out and maintaining my weight loss. I had no complications, quick recovery and my scars are almost totally gone.

I am so glad I chose to pay a little more and not risk my health. I chose OCC because of their certifications. JSS certified and International center of Excellence. The FB support group is also very helpful.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views