A Lighter Me--please share your negative experiences with me

stacey0580
on 9/18/17 3:34 pm

I chose A Lighter Me for my gastric bypass revision. I originally lost 150 lbs., but gained back approximately 60 pounds after 5 years. After extensive research, I decided to have my revision performed by A Lighter Me. Without a doubt, this was the worst decision of my life. After forking out over $6,000 cash one of the first things I was informed of when I got to Tajuana was that there was no guarantee that I would lose any weight. They don't bother informing you of this prior to payment. Although I have lost about 45 lbs. since the surgery my life has been a living hell. After I awoke from surgery I was told that an additional 2 feet of malabsorption were added. The additional 2 feet of malabsorption causes me to have AT LEAST 5 loose stools a day. I must plan any outings outside of my home to make sure there will be a toilet nearby. If there is not a toilet readily available I risk the chance of incontinence. The urge comes within a matter of minutes. The odor of the stools is unbearable. I was lucky enough to work at home after the surgery, but unfortunately, I was laid-off. I start a new job as a home health nurse tomorrow. I have no idea what type of embarrassment I will face. When I contacted, Dr. Ortiz, about this problem he simply stated, "take Imodium" an over the counter anti-diarrheal. This does not help at all.

If anybody is considering a revision I would seriously reconsider going to A Lighter Me. I now have no social life and have become a hermit.

bradperryx
on 2/6/19 10:50 pm
VSG on 10/14/18

Beware A Lighter Me. I had surgery 10/14/18 with Dr. Montolav and was bleeding excessively after surgery. They had to give me two blood transfusions and one plasma transfusion. They kept pumping clot medicine in me. I could have died from that. Cut to the chase....they rush these surgeries. They block you from any official thread if you mention any complications. Once they have their money they just don't care anymore. Doctors in the United States are tracked and held accountable. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself. Within 30 days I got double pneumonia. The diet they put up on preop totally malnurishes you. They hit me with an $800 bill that had to be paid before leaving. There are problems and the USA marketers do not care. They just want their few hundred dollars commission for your life. Please please be warned. Don't do this kind of gambling.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views