Dr. Maytorena or Dr. Francisco Gonzalez

Cgarci50
on 7/7/16 2:05 pm

Did anyone go with either Dr. Maytorena or Dr. Francisco Gonzalez? If so, how was your experience? Do you recommend them? I haven't found any bad comments and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.. HA!

Thank you,

Cynthia

Sandra F.
on 7/8/16 7:28 am

I used Dr. Fernando Garcia of Tijuana Bariatrics.  Sorry I can't give you info on the docs you asked about, but if you need any info on my doc, let me know.

stacy031403
on 7/11/16 8:00 pm

Hi Cynthia~

My husband and I had VSG with Dr. Maytorena on 2-17-16!  We have absolutely nothing but good things to say about our experience and we're SO THANKFUL that the price offered by Long Tern VSG made it affordable for both of us to be able to have this opportunity.  I'd dreamed about having WLS for years, but never had insurance that covered it and knew I could never afford the U.S. cash pay price.  When I saw someone mention being able to do it for $3000 (the price at that time) I HAD to check it out! Turns out it was legit!  

I told my husband that I really want to do it, he said that he was actually interested in doing it with me.  We sent in our deposit mid-January and were able to select our surgery date for what worked best for us.  We were picked up at the airport and driven to the surgery center, had surgery later that day, two leak tests and a transfer to the recovery house the next day, then they took us back to the airport on the third day.  

When I started digging around to find out more about Dr. M, I didn't find much either, which really made it seem scary!  Eventually, I landed on someone that referred me to the LongTermVSG Facebook forum and I never questioned it again!  There were REAL people documenting their experiences-with pictures even-sharing their entire surgery trip.  Seeing the pictures, hearing about what they were going through and seeing that person after person was having the same good experience really took away the fear factor for me.  

If you are interested in getting the real scoop on LTVSG, I definitely recommend checking out that Facebook group.  It's small enough-just people that have had or are interested in having VSG with Dr. M (and I think they've added an additional doc as well now) so that we can really get the support we need from others who've been through the exact same experience.  Dr. M and Ruben (the patient coordinator) are also active on the forum and chime in when they need to.

Please ask if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help!

Also, forgot to mention, because my husband and I played the guinea pig role and tried out the surgery in Mexico, now my sister and her friend are scheduled for surgery on 9-12!  So excited they get to have a chance at this 'new start' also!

ak29
on 8/7/16 7:52 pm, edited 8/7/16 12:52 pm

I'm also looking into Dr. Maytorena. Did you decide to go with him or not? Did you find any more info on him or his clinic? Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 429 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 621 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1207 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1833 views