Surgery Date Set

br2364
on 4/20/16 7:43 pm
RNY on 06/29/16

Two weeks ago I was able to put a deposit down on getting Roux-en-y surgery in Mexico with Dr. Fernando Garcia. I was going back and forth between the sleeve and roux-en-y. I finally decided that if I was going to do it I needed to do the one that had typical results relative to my own goals. I am 29 years old, just had my second and last child 7 months ago. I have been over weight my whole life. During my second pregnancy I was unfortunate enough to have gestational diabetes and even worse it didn't go away and turned into full on diabetes. I have two young children, I want to be healthy for them, and I feel like this is my only hope. I have started walking more attempting to lower my BMI to lower my cost. So I'm excited and my surgery date can't come soon enough!

If anyone has had surgery with Dr. Fernando Garcia, I'd love to hear your experience!

Sandra F.
on 4/21/16 5:55 am

This was my doctor, although I had the sleeve with him in October 2014.  I am 110 lbs down and would like to lose the last 20 lbs, but struggling to do so.  Even though I have not made my goal, I would not trade being 110 lbs down for anything.  I am loving life now.  You will not regret your decision.  I hear that Dr. Garcia is doing surgery at a different, nicer, hospital than when I had surgery, so you are good to go.  You are in good hands.  Good luck to you. 

br2364
on 4/23/16 12:01 pm
RNY on 06/29/16

Thank you for sharing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views