Help, I'm new!

MaryKate94
on 3/31/16 9:16 am

Hey y'all! I've just decided I want to get VSG. My insurance won't cover in the states so I've decided to go to Mexico. Honestly, I feel pretty confident about it, but I'm still nervous about a few things. 
First, anyone hear of Dr. Jesus Lopez Dominguez? Personal experiences with him?

Second, I'm looking about going through Bariatric Pal MX. They seem pretty great-- a good mix of inclusive and affordable. Any reviews or experiences?

Lastly, I am a 21 year old college student have very little money. I make minimum wage (as a Resident Assistant) so I can't cover the costs on my own. I'm a little nervous to take out a loan but I don't know how else I could pay. Any reputable companies that give loans you would recommend? Bariatric Pal recommends United Medical Credit. Any info on this company. I just do NOT want to get scammed.

Any help would be so appreciated. 

Sandra F.
on 4/4/16 6:09 am

I have not used them personally, but have heard people say that Care Credit gives medical loans.  I do not have experience with these doctors, but I did have my surgery in Mexico.  Good luck to you on your decision.

leslielu86
on 4/18/16 7:20 am
VSG on 04/04/16

I used Dr Quinones in Tijuana at Pompeii Sugical, they have in house financing.  They are awesome team and everything went very smoothly with my VSG 2 weeks ago.

It's not about losing weight.....it's about gaining confidence too.  It's not about shrinking in size, it's about growing in strength

Brpellet
on 4/18/16 7:23 am
VSG on 04/06/16

I had surgery with Dr. Maytorena in Tijuana. It was only $3000. The center wasn't exactly spacious or luxurious, but everything went well and I've had no complications!

beccanderton
on 4/18/16 9:47 am

I had mine with Dr Camelo, and his company Quality Medical Facilitators, they dont schedule many patients at the same time, they offer personalized service, and belived me THEY DO!

When I was in Tijuana, I saw how big companies had so many patiens at the time, and its like you were on a Tour, but you are not, you are having surgery!! 

I paid my surgery in cash, but they aloud me to pay a deposit to save my slot for 90 days, so I had time to save a litle bit more. ;)

if you have any more I´ll be happy to help!! 

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/16 1:22 pm

Hello! I'm So very glad I found this thread in this forum; I'm a total newbie! I'm not covered by insurance and will need to pay for my surgery out of pocket. I have actually avoided for the longest time even thinking of weight loss surgery; I've always convinced myself I can manage excess weight on my own however, it's been forever and I'm not ok with the way I look and feel :( Weight loss surgery seems so radical and to be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed. I have a long road ahead, just by reading a few posts I know there's lots to research.

I'm ok with traveling to Mexico to have surgery; been there many times and always had amazing experiences; especially with people they never cease to amaze me with their kindness. Just not sure where to start. I'd love to go to cancun :p but, I know I'm not on vacation so I might as well go wherever the best option available might be. Any tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views