HELP! Any Experience Dealing with The Obesity Control Clinic and/or Dr. Ariel Ortiz?

LoreneRoos
on 3/31/16 1:52 am

Can anyone share their experiences in dealing with The Obesity Control Clinic in Tijuana?   I am in the process of scheduling my surgery with them, but some red flags have popped up for me in regard to payment.  First of all, their site states that you can make your deposit by paypal or with a credit card.  I have had some bad experiences with paypal in the past, and chose not to make my deposit that way.  When I tried to use the option of paying by credit card, they would not accept mine.  I contacted my coordinator who then told me that they don't accept credit cards (because they have no way to do so) and that I could mail them a check if I didn't want to use paypal.  OK.  So then I had to write out a check, fax them a photocopy of it along with a photocopy of my ID, and then I mailed it certified, return receipt requested.  Once again, I was told that wouldn't be acceptable as the check would be going to PO Box in Coronado, CA (not Tijuana) so there would be no one to sign for it.  The address that was provided to me was a street address - not a PO Box.  This is all beginning to feel a little sketchy to me.  My family and I are making a huge financial commitment (a sacrifice, actually) to save this money in order to pay for the surgery ourselves - a task that will not be easy for us.  

Please respond with any experiences you've had with this clinic - it would be greatly appreciated. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/16 10:31 am - CA

Check out his profile that lists reviews, you might want to read through those to see if anyone mentions the process they went through to pay and how their experience was.   You have some valid concerns and definitely need to get some answers.   

Good luck!

~Nik

br2364
on 4/23/16 12:13 pm
RNY on 06/29/16

I am using Tijuana Bariatrics, they had two options for me to pay. 1 was to take the payment and deposit it into a Wells Fargo account, or they could do a credit card with a 3% service Charge. The remaining amount is paid on your surgery day by certified check.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views