3 hours Post Op

lindsayraec323
on 2/5/16 5:02 pm
VSG on 02/05/16

I just wanted to tell everyone  Its done, and Im sooooooo glad.  Also, I know that I depended on these forums to help me realize that it was ok to go to Mexico for this procedure.  And its true, everyone  is sooooo friendly, the hotels are super nice, the hospita is super nice.  I even have a little living room attached to my hospital room.  My mom has been very  comfortable.   I do feel like the.re has been excellent.   The blood draw was fast and painless, the IV was good, they are giving me pain meds and i had some to relax preop too.  The blankets and pillows arw that of a nice hotel.  I am extremely  comfortable.  Dr. Joya was friendly, great bedside manner, and my surgery seems to have went well.  Hos coordinator Natalie is great.  The only issue so far was a delayed flight and I dont lile the airpot in Mexico City.  Once we landed 

Most people are able to speak English, and I just cant say enough how impressive my experience  has been with Dr Joya at Amerimed hospital!  

Now I feel groggy, tired and have a scratchy throat.  They have  kept mypain imder control, and Im thrilled ots over  I was so scared!

TD1808
on 2/6/16 9:56 am
VSG on 01/28/16

Congrats Lindsay!! :D I'm so happy for you! Now you get to look forward to that kick in the gut feeling and suuuuper itchy incisions in about a week haha :) Well done! 

Keep up posted, girlfriend! Cheers!

ps - idc what they say - that jello sucked and hurt my tummy after surgery. no no no on the jell - O

Nicwil25
on 2/7/16 2:08 pm

So happy for you and your journey! love to hear feed back (soon I will be leaving and headed to Tijuana Feb 19th!) Having a lot of anxiety.. but more than ready to make the change!

Keep us posed on your recovery! Would love to hear more!

lindsayraec323
on 2/24/16 8:06 pm
VSG on 02/05/16

I hope everything went well for you.  I am doing good, losing slowly.  I still want to eat, but it only bothers me when i see the food.  I still crave food, but i think ill be better when i start pureed and have a bigger variety of tastes and food

Nicwil25
on 2/24/16 9:18 pm

OMG... I swear that is the struggle! We were in TJ and all the wonderful food smells! And your in mexico and cannot have an authentic taco: ( buuuut... to many tacos along with other bad foods got me to where I am today. I totally can relate we have one more of broth.. water.. soup.. jello and I feel like I'm dying. I cannot wait for soft food! Good news though I'm down like 22 lbs from my highest weight until today! I'm very very very happy about that and my spouse is down 50 pounds. He already looks so different, me not so much but he already had to buy new pants today! 

Keep up the good work lindsayraec323 you WILL get there even if it's going slow right now. It will get easier I keep telling myself that :)

lindsayraec323
on 2/25/16 5:42 am
VSG on 02/05/16

Yes, I am excited to start pureed foods saturday.  I have heard how the rate of loss really varies, so i am not feeling discouraged.  I only lost 1.5 lbs this week, but i think it will pick up.  My BMI was 31 so I expect it to happen slower.  I have found myself chewing food and spitting it out when i walk past the stove....lol at least i spit it out but it tasted good.  One thing that is helping me is to avoid food situations.  Im not eating eith coworkers and family.  I dont go to the restaurant with them, and i go upstairs for dinner.  I think once i can have some food i wont have to do that any more

lindsayraec323
on 2/7/16 8:06 pm
VSG on 02/05/16

Thanks for the support.  It is nice to tall to other people going through the same things as me.  Im 2 days out, and I feel good.  The Marriot in puerto Valarta is awsome!  I find myslef missing food though. I hope that gets easier, and like TD, im realllllllly gonna miss my coffee when I go back to work.  Im pretty sure I will go decaf.  I dont know if i can take it

Tam2
on 2/24/16 11:56 am

Hi Lindsay, I hope you are recovering nicely. I saw where you had surgery with Dr. Joya recently. A friend of mine also had surgery with him several years ago. She highly recommended him. I'm having trouble finding him. He comes up under a couple of different centers. Can you tell me where you found him please. Wishes for a speedy and continued recovery. 

~Tammy

lindsayraec323
on 2/24/16 8:09 pm
VSG on 02/05/16

Other doctors hijacked his website  is what i was told.  You need to go to the drjoyaofficial website.   Im not exactly sure if thats it but pretry sure. Drjoya.com is not right.  When you ask for information you will talk to nathalie balltilat...orr something like that.  Also the location is amerimed hospital in puerto vallarta.  Almost 3 weeks out, and i feel very good, no nausea, vomiting,  or any complications.  Some heart burn though.  I think you will be pleased with this doctor, staff, and facilities

vegas_mommy71
on 3/30/16 10:21 am

Im Glad I stumbled across your post, I plan on going to Puerto Vallarta for a vacation for my family, and while we are there, ill have my Surgery.  A couple things.... did the hospital have anywhere to eat there ? or did family members have to go outside? Did you have to choose that hotel, or could you go to another hotel?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views