Sorry have not been for a few......

ojosverdes86
on 1/14/16 12:16 pm

Sorry I have been really sick the past few days,but not due to my surgery I just got a flu.

But now I am feeling better I am finally able to move around.

I am going to start doing my daily routine of walking, I have had about 3 days of nothing I hope that I do not feel tired and sore all over again due to this flu.

But just wanted to check in and let every body know that I am still alive hahah.

angie72
on 1/20/16 3:12 am - Asheboro, NC
RNY on 03/24/16

So sorry to hear you've been ill. Being sick with the flu really sucks. Fingers crossed I don't get it this year, it literally LAYS ME DOWN!!! I would think it would be harder to bounce back from the flu s/p WLS. Glad your feeling better.

I haven't been on here in a week or 2 at least. Busy with work, family & life in general. But, have been in touch with Dr. Q's office of course. Trying to "get all my ducks in a row". 

Question....I know everyone is different, everyone's pain tolerance is different, and everyone's occupation's physical requirements are different  but, just kinda looking for a "general" concensus I guess. Just a guess-timate, what is the time frame for returning to work based on YOUR s/p WLS experience related to MY occupation. I am a RN Case Manager. Nothing physically demanding. I "self-schedule" meaning I work when I want to. No clocking in or out or hurry to get to work on time. I just have to see a minimum of 30 patients a week, average 5-6 a day. My days consist of driving around the county making home visits to patients that have been discharged from the hospital for any number of reasons. Physically, just walking from the vehicle into & out of the patient's home carrying my nursing bag (that is not heavy at all, very light), and getting their vitals. Majority consists of talking, making phone calls, computer work. May have 2-3 "basic" wound dressing changes a week.

My job is more mental rather than physical for sure. Personally, I would think I could be able to return to work the day after I return home. Providing everything goes off without a hitch and in a perfect world. lol. And of course, getting the liquids & protein in like I'm supposed to every day.

What is your concensus?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views