Considering Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/16 2:28 pm

I've been researching doctors and hospitals in Mexico for quite some time now; I'm going through the selection process; reading reviews, etc. I checked Dr. Alejandro Lopez's credentials and I can tell he's quite experienced. I've talked and emailed to Dr. Lopez's patient coordinator and he's been real helpful and friendly, quite a doll. I liked very much the facilities on the pictures I saw, they seem very clean and modern almost like I picture a spa.
I like that I can have the operation in Tijuana Mexico, so close to San Diego California. I'm going in for a Gastric Sleeve Surgery and so far really leaning toward having Dr. Lopez perform my surgery; whenever I contact his office I feel like they really care about me and that everyone truly is doing their best for me to have a good experience and a successful weight loss journey you know? Looking at other doctors I found that many of them offer the same surgery at way lower prices, which makes me think they don't have as much experience or that they carry a lot of hidden extra costs. Any thoughts or suggestions?

rdy2lose
on 1/13/16 2:50 pm

I've been researching doctors as well, and think I've decided on Dr. Ramos Kelly. He has no hidden fees, and the coordinator is very nice, and quick at replying to all my emails.

llLou
on 1/13/16 7:09 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

Great choice! Using Dr. Kelly was the best decision I made in my weight loss journey. if you have any questions message me. Linda

llLou
on 1/13/16 7:09 pm - Halifax NS, Canada
ojosverdes86
on 1/14/16 12:36 pm

I had my surgery with Serigo Quinones he was great he treats his patients like they are familial well with me he did any way.

And you might want to check his credentials as well.

I had to do a lot of research before I just jumped up and decided that I was going to make a big change in my life health wise I mean.

I decided that Dr.Quinones was the best for me because I liked that he he is proctor from Johnson and Johnson and that he had 4 years of training as a trauma surgeon.

He was chef of general at Tijuana General. He is a siting member of arbitration committee. Has done surgical residence in the U.S.. And that he also teaches other doctors to do bariatric surgery.

To me all that really caught my eye and made me fill that he really knows what he is doing.
I also fill that I was right because he did a great job on me I could not of ask for more. even the incessions are really little and they are healing really good.

ojosverdes86
on 1/14/16 12:44 pm

I had my surgery with Serigo Quinones he was great he treats his patients like they are familial well with me he did any way.

And you might want to check his credentials as well.

I had to do a lot of research before I just jumped up and decided that I was going to make a big change in my life health wise I mean.

I decided that Dr.Quinones was the best for me because I liked that he he is proctor from Johnson and Johnson and that he had 4 years of training as a trauma surgeon.

He was chef of general at Tijuana General. He is a siting member of arbitration committee. Has done surgical residence in the U.S.. And that he also teaches other doctors to do bariatric surgery.

To me all that really caught my eye and made me fill that he really knows what he is doing.
I also fill that I was right because he did a great job on me I could not of ask for more. even the incessions are really little and they are healing really good. 

Sorry forgot to tell you that I was charged 4500 and 50 for med to take home with you after the surgery.

And I was even able to take a friend with me no charge.

Good luck on your journey. 

kellye71
on 1/31/16 7:20 am - Lancaster, SC

I had my original WLS - sleeve - with Dr Kelly in 2007 and it was a great experience.  He is very qualified, has wonderful staff, and I had no issues at all.  Dr. Kelly has done work in the US on transplant teams and trauma teams so you can be assured he's very skilled and has a lot of experience.  Good luck!

If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

-- African Proverb

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?