Week 6

ojosverdes86
on 1/8/16 1:31 pm

So as some of you know I had surgery 6 weeks ago.
The first 2 weeks before the surgery was a little hard getting used to the liquid diet but it was not as hard as some people put it out to.
It is hard but I think that that it was more in my brain than it was in my stomach.
I just stayed occupied and tried to think about every thing but food.
Than it was my surgery day, I had surgery on the 28 of November of 2015.
I got picked up in San Diego by a really nice lady she was very quit but she had told me that she was taking classes to learn English.
Her English was good by the way and she is so sweet.
I got taken to the facility and was ask to fill out a few papers so I did and than I was transfered to my room.
The staff are also very friendly and the nurse did not speak very much English but at all times their was a translator to help her be able to translate what she was going to do on me.
She tried to put my I.V. but my veins have a tendency to roll so after poke me 2 times on one hand she had to move to the other but even the doctors here in the U.S. have the same problem so it was not a problem for me at all.
While she was putting the I.V. she also drew the blood at the same time to get the both thing done at the same time,
I waited about half an hour, than the nurse told me that my blood results came back and that I was going in for surgery as soon as Dr.Quinones ask me if I had any questions for him.
He came in and I was pretty calm about the whole surgery so I really did not have any questions for him at all.
About 15 min latter I was on my way to the OBYN.
I came out of the surgery just fine.
I remember when they took me to the room, but after that nothing I was out of it.
I woke up in the middle of the night and was very much wanting water but was not able to drink nothing.
The nurse was so kind and gave me some ice chips to wet my mouth.
To make a long story short I pass leak came out just fine and was off to the Hotel.
I thought before the surgery I was going to do some shopping in Mexico but I just wanted to rest.
The same lady came and pick me up and off to San Diego I go.
The first few days I had had gas pain, heartburn, headache but it was settle not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Did my puree stage hated it I really did but this is my journey and nobody is going to do for me.
I have read some posts that just do not make seance, they say they hate this surgery. I LOVE IT...
I would do it again if I had to this is going to change our lives how can someone say they hate the fact that their lives are about to change and be a healthier person.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views