What to do?

ojosverdes86
on 1/7/16 4:48 pm

For you all that do not know my story, I had surgery 28 of November in Mexico.
I am self pay patient and payed 4500 dlls every day as some of you might know I have been working my ass to the bone.
Before the surgery I was only able to walk about 15 min, I am know able to walk around 45 min.
I still get sweaty and feel tired but not after just 15 min I can actually go the whole 45 and then I am done.
But the problem is that every day I walk just that five steps more and that is not the problem it is raining so bad that I just am not going to be able to go walk around.
I feel that if this rain does not stop soon I will be in big problems.
I will get lazy and not be able to force my self that five steps more everyday.WHAT TO DO?
Does any body feel this way?
I hope that the rain will stop soon, but lets face it we are just getting into winter this SUCKS.
Does anybody have any ideas what I can do for exercise?
I just work so hard everyday for my kids to be a better person.
Some advice please help.

lindsayraec323
on 1/7/16 6:06 pm
VSG on 02/05/16

I am planning on doing strength training for muscle tone more than cardio.  This is to try to tone as I lose.  There are lots of good ideas.  You can lay on your back and write the alphabet in the air with each leg....just Google home exercises, and the possibilities are endless.  I think as long as you are doing something your good.  Just keep moving!

TD1808
on 1/8/16 6:43 am
VSG on 01/28/16

If it rains, you get wet. :)

I've read that there are people who run every day, usually every morning, and if the weather keeps them from running, they say they do not feel as good. This is why they get up and do it anyway. If they need to they put on sweats, or they will put on a poncho or rain jacket, or just go run anyway and come home to a nice hot shower. 

This is a second chance at life. This is a second chance to be with your kids an extra 10 years? 20 years? more? 

What would you do if you were faced with your maker at the end. Would you say to him (her/it/etc) that you didn't want to get wet or cold in the rain? 

I like to think back to what people did before society and civilization. People slept outside, they were cold, wet, dirty. It won't kill us to be uncomfortable. If it rains and you need to walk - bring an umbrella :) If you can use a treadmill somewhere, thats an option. Or perhaps something else. Just keep moving. You did the hardest part - getting the surgery. You know?

Sometimes you just gotta listen to Nike and 'Just Do It'. :) (And I hope next month you'll be telling me these same things when I feel awful and don't want to lol) :)

ojosverdes86
on 1/8/16 1:35 pm

You know I never look at it this way but you guys are so right.

So I will diffidently get up off my A%@ and star to move around the rain is really no excuse  not to do the stuff I need to do.

Thank for word words of grace.

hollykim
on 1/8/16 8:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 8, 2016 at 12:48 AM Pacific Time, ojosverdes86 wrote:

For you all that do not know my story, I had surgery 28 of November in Mexico.
I am self pay patient and payed 4500 dlls every day as some of you might know I have been working my ass to the bone.
Before the surgery I was only able to walk about 15 min, I am know able to walk around 45 min.
I still get sweaty and feel tired but not after just 15 min I can actually go the whole 45 and then I am done.
But the problem is that every day I walk just that five steps more and that is not the problem it is raining so bad that I just am not going to be able to go walk around.
I feel that if this rain does not stop soon I will be in big problems.
I will get lazy and not be able to force my self that five steps more everyday.WHAT TO DO?
Does any body feel this way?
I hope that the rain will stop soon, but lets face it we are just getting into winter this SUCKS.
Does anybody have any ideas what I can do for exercise?
I just work so hard everyday for my kids to be a better person.
Some advice please help.

Walk anyway. Afraid you will melt? 

TD1808
on 1/8/16 2:32 pm
VSG on 01/28/16

I think a big part of the surgery is the mental aspect - the mindset :) before surgery, we hurt, we feel old, we're walking gingerly in order not to aggravate joints and problems -- but after surgery is another matter. We get stronger, healthier, the fat weighing us down goes away. We need to meet each challenge head on and think positively! You've got through so much already, you'll get there :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views